2D Shooters Invade
Japhei
64-bit

Re: Deathsmiles

by Japhei Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 pm

RackGaki wrote:
Japhei wrote:And yes they are 25 dollars in Japan!

Too bad they can be $500 or more to ship to America. But at that price, you may as well buy a whole crate of them; it wouldn't cost much more. :D

I might do that later this year.

Probally get some New Astro City cabs for $100 each
Meet me online
Xbox Live:
Japheigod (USA),
Trigger Runner (Japan)
PSN: Japhei
Only a couple more shots!!!!
mrtie
16-bit

by mrtie Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:22 pm

BigTinz wrote:
ZenLogikos wrote:
BigTinz wrote:Because PCBs are for pimps :lol:

That is actually a friends aero city machine. He payed the avg. price for the bare board..which is a touch over $1000.

STOOPID!

I love shmups, but I will never understand the desire to own the cab, pcb, etc for any game that doesn't feature a unique input scheme/layout.

Wow...that is completely ass backwards from how alot of people feel. It's cool though, I guess it separates the more hardcore shmupers from the the more casual...

No it separates cab elitists with more cash then common sense(J/k), that said I love original hardware, and I totally see why people do part with that kinda cash. There is always some compromise in any port of an arcade game, slow downs, speed up, controls, etc. So if you can afford it enjoy, but a persons wallet will never gauge whether they are hardcore or casual,which imho is a very xbox live post 2000's teenager term that is insulting and stupid.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

by ZenLogikos Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:45 am

BigTinz wrote:Wow...that is completely ass backwards from how alot of people feel. It's cool though, I guess it separates the more hardcore shmupers from the the more casual...

Yes, all the "hardcore shmupers" can enjoy their cabs, Porsches, and small penises. :mrgreen: :roll:
Japhei
64-bit

by Japhei Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am

Most ports of games to home cosoles even shmups include arrange modes and remixed modes not found in the Arcade version. I actually prefer console ports on Arcade to PCB plus you can pause which is always nice when your daughter throws the Wii Mote in the toilet!
Meet me online
Xbox Live:
Japheigod (USA),
Trigger Runner (Japan)
PSN: Japhei
Only a couple more shots!!!!
RackGaki
128-bit

by RackGaki Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:41 pm

http://www.digitalmonkeybox.com/deathsmiles_hd_rearrange.htm

Cave's DeathSmiles, the gothic-lolita shooter, will be receiving a huge graphical boost when it comes to the Xbox 360 next year. The Cave blog (via Siliconera) has posted a comparison shot of an ogre in its original pixel form and new super-HD-possibly-polygonal ogre. The extra detail is obvious and the ogre looks 3D-ish enough where maybe the game could see a 3D modeled upgrade like R-Type Dimensions. Most importantly, the re-arranged ogre has a longer loin cloth so he can fight the shooter-happy Goth's without the potential embarrassment of ogre ball exposure. I'm assuming he just has one sine he is a cyclops. I took the courtesy of blackening the eye-searing green background of the images, but if you really need your eyes to bleed, check the Cave blog for the originals. I know say this with every Xbox 360 shooter post, but let's hope this is region-free if no publisher will bring it to the US.

There should be no doubt at all about the Xbox 360 version being the definitive version of this game. Hundreds of dollars cheaper and better graphics? You bet your ass.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
Return to Shmups