2D Shooters Invade
gennss
128-bit

karous wtf

by gennss Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Well my copy of karous came in today, so i grab my little jp dreamcast and run over to the other room to plug it in.

I play for a good half hour and realize i have no idea what i'm doing i'm just pushing buttons.

Can someone please clarify to me wtf the options do and how the leveling up thing works? and wtf is the deal with the whole big blowup thing and how's the shield work? i can't get it to shoot at ppl like in the demo!
--
Gennss
--
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Re: karous wtf

by HeavyMetalMe Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:17 pm

I had a post like this a few months back. It goes like this-

You have a shield, gun and sword. The more you use each, the more points go towards each weapon. They can all level up twice. Ex. You always catch bullets in your shield or run into enemies with your shield up, it will eventually get a bit bigger. You keep going with it, and it turns into the diamond looking shield. As for your sword, it starts as a simple strike, then evolves into a double strike, and finally, it turns into a double strike followed by a 360 strike.

When I play, I ALWAYS build up my shield completely. Ever enemy dies quicker to a certain weapon, and I've found that towards the beginning of the game, you can get through it a lot quicker using just your shield and sword.

I hope that helped. I think I'll go play it now.
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
otaku
128-bit

by otaku Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 pm

haha when I had my copy I wasn't sure what I was doing either.
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

by HeavyMetalMe Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah, it's confusing as all hell at first. It's hard to gauge exactly what you need to do considering most info is in Japanese, and the introduction to the game showing you how to play isn't very informative.
gennss
128-bit

by gennss Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 pm

k whats with the giant red symbol? (thanks guys)
--
Gennss
--
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

by Doctor Fugue Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:14 am

If I remember correctly (since I hate this game and haven't played it much :oops: )...that red thing that appears around you is like a "bomb"...making you invincible, cancelling bullets and damaging enemies.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

by HeavyMetalMe Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:27 pm

Once you figure it all out, the game is pretty easy. One bitch I can't beat is that kitchen looking whore with laser eyes. I can get past her, but never defeat her.
Return to Shmups