Any other rotators?

2D Shooters Invade
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

ott0bot wrote:If there is one game I'd never recomend to anyone ever, it'd be Sub-Terrania. I love shooters, and brutal ones are fine, but I can't stand this game. I'm glad you like it though. :wink:

:lol: Well, honestly I haven't played it in something like ten years, so maybe I've forgotten about the frustration involved. I've still got good memories of it; I think I won't play it again in case my nostalgia is ruined!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

"Armada (for Dreamcast)...it is a non-forced scrolling, 360 degree shooting game, with RPG levelling up and some sort of story in space. I don't like it, but others do. "

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Not really what the lady is looking for, but I think I am really going to enjoy this one.

Why don't you like it? The rpg elements?
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

nateup2 wrote:"Armada (for Dreamcast)...it is a non-forced scrolling, 360 degree shooting game, with RPG levelling up and some sort of story in space. I don't like it, but others do. "

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Not really what the lady is looking for, but I think I am really going to enjoy this one.

Why don't you like it? The rpg elements?

When I rented it, I didn't know anything about it except that it looked like a cool shooter with spaceships. So I was disappointed when I realized it was not just a shooter. I'm not a big fan of non-forced scrolling (like Sinistar or Thunder Force II...although Bangai-O is an exception), but I also didn't really like the pace of Armada. There was too much flying back and forth to attack something, and then too many times where there isn't something to shoot. I obviously like a constant stream of popcorn enemies to kill.

Armada actually plays more like Jungle Strike or Desert Strike on the Genesis, although there are probably better comparisons out there.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

How do you feel about "In the Hunt?
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

I haven't played it much, but I like it a lot. It plays like a run and gun game (because you can stop and go), but I prefer it to the Metal Slug games.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

I loved Armada. It is pretty fun multiplayer. After you beat it, you can still fly around the galaxy, which is kind of neat. Too bad the online sequel never made it out. There is a PC version ( http://www.armada-online.com/ ) but it just doesn't feel the same to me.

nateup2 wrote:How do you feel about "In the Hunt?

I just bought a sealed copy of that for the PS about a year ago...I love that game.