2D Shooters Invade
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

by RadarScope1 Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 am

ZenLogikos wrote:I blew through the levels in N+

Geez. I recently picked it back up and I'm now on Ep 39 (one more for an achievement!). I can't imagine "blowing" through N+. You have da skillz.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

by ZenLogikos Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

RadarScope1 wrote:I can't imagine "blowing" through N+. You have da skillz.

Oh man, level pack 1 which just came out is even easier! 150 levels took me all of about an hour. They weren't aiming to be hard though, just fun, and they were.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

by ZenLogikos Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:27 am

ZenLogikos wrote:
Doctor Fugue wrote:On another note, I've heard there are problems with online play in this game. Is it really bad, or just occasionally?

I haven't gotten to play enough coop to definitively answer, except to say that coop improves the experience overall with this game. I'll post again when I've played a little more.

Wanted to update to say I've played the coop some more and it's just fine, technically speaking. Gameplay wise, it's enjoyable, but the experience isn't changed greatly from single player. Of the three different 'joint strike' weapon choices, only one seems useful. Still, one of the better two-player shmup experiences.

And some of my prior comments in this thread had me re-examining Triggerheart Exelica. I had discarded it as a mediocre title. Not sure where I stand on that still...but I probably will eventually pick it up, keeping in line with my thoughts on "XBLA shmups for $10".
Last edited by ZenLogikos on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

by Doctor Fugue Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 am

Thanks for the update. I think I'll still pass on it for now...maybe I'll get it later when there are fewer great games coming out.

As for Triggerheart, I'm a big fan. I would easily pay a full retail disc price for it. But I also love pretty much any good bullet curtain game. Triggerheart has a great level of polish because of its arcade roots (meaning it was tested and re-tested by shooter experts to ensure ultimate replayability), but certainly it is not as perfect as Ikaruga or DoDonPachi or Battle Garegga.

Edit: I'm still not very good at TE either, so you can kill my scores there, too!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
ZenLogikos
128-bit

by ZenLogikos Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 pm

I'd pay more for TE, but not full retail. I like the occasional bullet hell, but they're certainly not my favorite. Overall, TE is better than my first impressions indicated though.

I'm ok at shmups, but I don't really put as much time into each title as I do with some other arcade games.
env963
128-bit

Re: 1942: Joint Strike release date! PSN, XBLA

by env963 Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Fun game! I have it on the PS3. But for whatever reason, my scores doesn't ever get compared to others on the PSN. Not sure why.
Return to Shmups