2D Shooters Invade
User avatar
Doctor Fugue
128-bit
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: Canada

by Doctor Fugue Sun May 11, 2008 5:35 am

peace4myheart wrote:I preordered it already and shipping to the US is 7 Euro. So the total was around 40 dollars for the whole thing. Hope it is more fun than Last Hope. BTW, the developer wants to ship it by July, though it is just a tentative date.


Almost anything is better than Last Hope. And Last Hope is the only reason I'm not ordering this game until I see some more gameplay and opinions from people once the game comes out. Let us know!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
User avatar
ott0bot
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: Phoenix

by ott0bot Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 am

doctorfugue wrote:
Edit: alright I felt guilty for not putting a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRkMtFNf1Y


it looks kinda nice, hopefully the controls are responsive.
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9207
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

by RyaNtheSlayA Sun May 11, 2008 9:13 am

DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
nick944
64-bit
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: The Woodlands, Texas

by nick944 Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
doctorfugue wrote:You don't need a boot disk
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Sun May 11, 2008 7:30 pm

User avatar
Doctor Fugue
128-bit
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: Canada

by Doctor Fugue Sun May 11, 2008 10:43 pm

racketboy wrote:Interview with the developer:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dre ... -game.html


Great work HeavyMetalMe!

For your next job, please interview Masato Maegawa and find out about their next shooter!!!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
User avatar
peace4myheart
128-bit
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 am
Location: Deep In The Heart Of Texas

by peace4myheart Sun May 11, 2008 11:28 pm

nick944 wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
doctorfugue wrote:You don't need a boot disk


The only problem is that your Dreamcast has to be able to read CD-R because this is not a GD-ROM game. Hopefully yours is one of them. :P


BTW HeavyMetalMe, how do you get an interview with the developer??? Do you need some kind of press credential or you just come up to their door and start knocking??? Love the interview. Thanx a lot.
black flag nc
 

by black flag nc Mon May 26, 2008 2:12 am

peace4myheart wrote:
nick944 wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
doctorfugue wrote:You don't need a boot disk


The only problem is that your Dreamcast has to be able to read CD-R because this is not a GD-ROM game. Hopefully yours is one of them.


So how do we tell if it'll work in our US Dreamcast? Do the other "homebrew" DC games that've come out in the last few years work, too?

I love my DC and shooters, so I'm in if I can play it! :D
RackGaki
128-bit
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:06 pm

by RackGaki Mon May 26, 2008 12:10 pm

I would be surprised if this game didn't work in a Dreamcast. Did anyone have problems with Lost Hope? I mean, problems with getting the game to play, not with the game itself. It's clear most people didn't like it...
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 9763
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by marurun Mon May 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Download and burn a known-good Dreamcast game. If it works, Dux will work. It you can't make it work you might have a problem.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Shmups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests