new dreamcast shooter "dux" coming next year!

2D Shooters Invade
fumanchu
24-bit

new dreamcast shooter "dux" coming next year!

Post by fumanchu »

theres gonna be a new shooter for dreamcast called Dux,with a summer release date next year.its from the same developer who brought us last hope,heres a link to a screenshot of the game.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=19727

also they say that they are working on a vertical shooter for the neogeo,so lets hope for a dreamcast release as well. 8)
the legend will never die!
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

Very cool. I'm a shmup forum member, but this one must've gotten by me. Thanks for spreading the word!
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

very cool! i dig last hope, but this looks like a different style. nice
ImportBoy
64-bit

Post by ImportBoy »

I'm all for new commerical Dreamcast games....but can someone try developing anything other then shooter? Heck even a Japanese-style dating simulation game....
-ImportBoy
Over 700 Saturn Games Available - Downloads, Information, & How To Guides
http://www.sega-saturn.us - kaneda@sega-saturn.us
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

ImportBoy wrote:I'm all for new commerical Dreamcast games....but can someone try developing anything other then shooter? Heck even a Japanese-style dating simulation game....

Blashphemy! A dating sim....more deserved than a shmup......come one. I'll take as many shmups as they cam make.
Plus it's designed in Germany, so if you'd have to know Duetsch...it's one of the only genre's anyone can play because there are no language barriers.
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

ImportBoy wrote:I'm all for new commerical Dreamcast games....but can someone try developing anything other then shooter? Heck even a Japanese-style dating simulation game....

I assume and hope that the market for "Japanese-style dating simulation game[s]" are close to nil.

Shmups though, that's an ever-thriving market.
kewlrabbit
16-bit

Post by kewlrabbit »

Didn't sega stop making the dreamcast discs? (I wanna say GD-Rom) Are these on CD-R or something?
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

I don't know. I know there are plenty of average joes who have the developer units, so I'd like to imagine they have the means to make the GD-ROMs. Does anyone know the format of Last Hope?
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

HeavyMetalMe wrote:I don't know. I know there are plenty of average joes who have the developer units, so I'd like to imagine they have the means to make the GD-ROMs. Does anyone know the format of Last Hope?

It's a CD...you can even stick it in a CD player and listen to the crappy eurocheese music.

Seriously, Last Hope is just not my cup of tea. It's not the worst on the DC, but it has some issues. Balance, pacing and fun factor being the biggest problems. The controls are not as tight as possible; the detailed graphics are nice but it is even more difficult than Battle Garegga to see the enemy bullets (I got used to this after a while, but it is a common and understandable complaint).

Honestly they should have had other people test it rather than just the developers. I don't mind a game being freaking hard, but I didn't get any fun out of this one. Play Pulstar instead.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

I think part of the reason new DC shooters and not other genres continue to come out is the Japanese arcade market. I imagine Naomi 2 boards are cheap and easily available. In Japan shmups still make piles of money, hell Sega Club in Akihabara has an entire floor of them!

Who needs this crap anyway, unless you've scored 35,000,000 on Ikaruga you need not play other Shmup's. J/K :)
I like old games
I like new games
I like games