new dreamcast shooter "dux" coming next year!

2D Shooters Invade
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

peace4myheart wrote:I preordered it already and shipping to the US is 7 Euro. So the total was around 40 dollars for the whole thing. Hope it is more fun than Last Hope. BTW, the developer wants to ship it by July, though it is just a tentative date.

Almost anything is better than Last Hope. And Last Hope is the only reason I'm not ordering this game until I see some more gameplay and opinions from people once the game comes out. Let us know!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

doctorfugue wrote:
Edit: alright I felt guilty for not putting a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRkMtFNf1Y

it looks kinda nice, hopefully the controls are responsive.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
doctorfugue wrote:You don't need a boot disk
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

racketboy wrote:Interview with the developer:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dre ... -game.html

Great work HeavyMetalMe!

For your next job, please interview Masato Maegawa and find out about their next shooter!!!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

nick944 wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:

The only problem is that your Dreamcast has to be able to read CD-R because this is not a GD-ROM game. Hopefully yours is one of them. :P

BTW HeavyMetalMe, how do you get an interview with the developer??? Do you need some kind of press credential or you just come up to their door and start knocking??? Love the interview. Thanx a lot.
black flag nc

Post by black flag nc »

peace4myheart wrote:
nick944 wrote:

The only problem is that your Dreamcast has to be able to read CD-R because this is not a GD-ROM game. Hopefully yours is one of them.

So how do we tell if it'll work in our US Dreamcast? Do the other "homebrew" DC games that've come out in the last few years work, too?

I love my DC and shooters, so I'm in if I can play it! :D
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

I would be surprised if this game didn't work in a Dreamcast. Did anyone have problems with Lost Hope? I mean, problems with getting the game to play, not with the game itself. It's clear most people didn't like it...
marurun

Post by marurun »

Download and burn a known-good Dreamcast game. If it works, Dux will work. It you can't make it work you might have a problem.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.