More shmup action for XBLA and PSN!

2D Shooters Invade
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

peace4myheart wrote:
Ezzen wrote:
peace4myheart wrote:I wonder if this is the first vertical widescreen shmups??? Not having enough room for both players to play on is the only complaint I have with shmups when playing two player simultaneously. I always get confused between my ship and my partner's ship when it gets hectic. Hope it plays well. Looks good so far.

You mean for this generation of consoles, or ever? Vertical scroll, horizontal display shmups are called 'yoko'. There have been many over the years. Widescreen, as you say though...you may be right. This may be the first.

I mean ever. Please name one that is widescreen 16:9 and I don't mean 4:3 yoko either.

So you're asking for ANY widescreen shmups?
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

So you're asking for ANY widescreen shmups?

Yes because I have never seen one before until now. Do you know of any other that I might not know of???
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

Darius I and II were multiple screen, way back when in the arcades. That essentially makes them 'widescreen'. Of course you're referring to recent shmups, though. And yes, there have been some. Aegis Wing and Omega Five for XBLA. Soldner X is out for PC and is coming out for PSN. That's all I can think of right now.
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

But all those games you named are side scrolling. I was talking about VERTICAL shmups that is presented in widescreen 16:9 format. I don't remember ever seeing one, seriously.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

Yes, that's what I thought you were talking about initially, to which I replied that this was probably the first. :roll: Then I asked about ANY widescreen shmups, hence my last reply.

BTW, Omega Five is multi-directional. It has some vertically scrolling sections. But I wasn't counting that one anyway for what you were asking.
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

Sorry. Didn't quite understand you the first time. :oops:
Daniel Primed
64-bit

Post by Daniel Primed »

This is great news, I have never played 1942 so I will definetly pick this up. I wish that the Raiden Heros (right name?) game on the Xbox 360 would come to the PS3 as well as I don't plan on buying an Xbox 360. The Live titles are the only games that interest me on it.