2D Shooters Invade
User avatar
ZenLogikos
128-bit
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

More shmup action for XBLA and PSN!

by ZenLogikos Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:58 am

User avatar
Flak Beard
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: Perpetual Time Loop

by Flak Beard Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 am

Seriously, Capcom is drunk on awesome sauce right now with the XBLA remakes!

I hear Strider is coming too.
Image
claudio
128-bit
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:13 pm

by claudio Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:59 am

its supposed to be released this summer for only $10.00 !!! excellent!!
User avatar
Doctor Fugue
128-bit
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: Canada

by Doctor Fugue Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:38 am

Looking forward to that...with widescreen play there might actually be enough space for some good 2-player action...I will see you all online!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
User avatar
peace4myheart
128-bit
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 am
Location: Deep In The Heart Of Texas

by peace4myheart Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:10 pm

I wonder if this is the first vertical widescreen shmups??? Not having enough room for both players to play on is the only complaint I have with shmups when playing two player simultaneously. I always get confused between my ship and my partner's ship when it gets hectic. Hope it plays well. Looks good so far.
User avatar
philipofmacedon
32-bit
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:38 pm

by philipofmacedon Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Speaking of PSN shmups, anyone see this video?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/11/novas ... -in-q2-08/

It reminds me of Zone66.
User avatar
peace4myheart
128-bit
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 am
Location: Deep In The Heart Of Texas

by peace4myheart Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:48 pm

philipofmacedon wrote:Speaking of PSN shmups, anyone see this video?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/11/novas ... -in-q2-08/

It reminds me of Zone66.


S-W-E-E-T-N-E-S-S!!! I prefer traditional vertical or horizontal shmups. 360 degree movement is kinda hard for me to control, though I love zero gunner 2 for Dreamcast.
User avatar
RadarScope1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Missouri

by RadarScope1 Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:31 pm

I love that Capcom is doing this stuff. We need much more of this kind of thing.

Retro gaming is getting lots of the love the last couple of years .....
User avatar
ZenLogikos
128-bit
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

by ZenLogikos Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 am

peace4myheart wrote:I wonder if this is the first vertical widescreen shmups??? Not having enough room for both players to play on is the only complaint I have with shmups when playing two player simultaneously. I always get confused between my ship and my partner's ship when it gets hectic. Hope it plays well. Looks good so far.


You mean for this generation of consoles, or ever? Vertical scroll, horizontal display shmups are called 'yoko'. There have been many over the years. Widescreen, as you say though...you may be right. This may be the first.
User avatar
peace4myheart
128-bit
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 am
Location: Deep In The Heart Of Texas

by peace4myheart Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:22 am

Ezzen wrote:
peace4myheart wrote:I wonder if this is the first vertical widescreen shmups??? Not having enough room for both players to play on is the only complaint I have with shmups when playing two player simultaneously. I always get confused between my ship and my partner's ship when it gets hectic. Hope it plays well. Looks good so far.


You mean for this generation of consoles, or ever? Vertical scroll, horizontal display shmups are called 'yoko'. There have been many over the years. Widescreen, as you say though...you may be right. This may be the first.


I mean ever. Please name one that is widescreen 16:9 and I don't mean 4:3 yoko either.
Return to Shmups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest