2D Shooters Invade
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Guwange

by HeavyMetalMe Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Got this bad boy for MAME last week, and it's pretty damn awesome. Anyone else play it? It not, you're basically a dude shooting people and wooden ships. The best part is that it's pretty damn violent, showing lots of blood when you kill people, which is awesome. It's like a shmup with fighter violence. Genius!
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

by Flak Beard Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:05 pm

No, but now I'm going to try this. :D

Is it anything like the infamous Cho Aniki?
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

by Doctor Fugue Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:17 pm

I've never played Cave games before last week, but I see now why people love them.

Thanks for the tip, I just downloaded it and played the first level. It's 30 pounds of awesome!

It reminds me a bit of their other game, ESP Ra.De. which I just tried last night. I would suggest you try it, but you probably have already!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

by HeavyMetalMe Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:19 am

doctorfugue wrote:I've never played Cave games before last week, but I see now why people love them.

Thanks for the tip, I just downloaded it and played the first level. It's 30 pounds of awesome!

It reminds me a bit of their other game, ESP Ra.De. which I just tried last night. I would suggest you try it, but you probably have already!

I can't say I have. I'll definitely check it out.
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

by Flak Beard Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:46 am

I played both of these tonight and they are great. Except they remind me of how much I suck at "bullet hell" SHMUPs. :(
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

by Doctor Fugue Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 am

Geez I just started playing another Cave shooter called Progear. It's horizontal and plays like a dream (a very violent steampunk dream!).

Along with DoDonPachi, these four games have made me a total Cave fan. Better late than never.

One thing bugs me, these games all look a little washed-out in terms of color...is that their style or do I need to adjust something? I suppose its just them because all the other games look fine. I looked at videos through google but I can't really tell.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
Return to Shmups