Radiant Silvergun: Question of Concern.

2D Shooters Invade
Radiant Hero
24-bit

Radiant Silvergun: Question of Concern.

Post by Radiant Hero »

Ok now, I'm just going to say it because it's been in the back of my mind for some time now and I'm pretty sure everyone else has this thought too: Why hasn't Treasure ported Radiant Silvergun over to XBOX live? Is there a legitimate reason for this? I just believe that Silvergun's hesitation has been far too long overlooked, and it is coming to the point I have to assume Treasure's getting some form of sadistic pleasure in holding back one of the most phenomenal shooters within it's genre.
claudio
128-bit

Post by claudio »

i do not want them to port radiant silvergun, keep it on the sega saturn, and keep its mystisism.

instead, i wish they make radiant silvergun 3!
samratty
16-bit

Re: Radiant Silvergun: Question of Concern.

Post by samratty »

Radiant Hero wrote:Ok now, I'm just going to say it because it's been in the back of my mind for some time now and I'm pretty sure everyone else has this thought too: Why hasn't Treasure ported Radiant Silvergun over to XBOX live? Is there a legitimate reason for this? I just believe that Silvergun's hesitation has been far too long overlooked, and it is coming to the point I have to assume Treasure's getting some form of sadistic pleasure in holding back one of the most phenomenal shooters within it's genre.

You're a bit over the top with this man. Mainly because things take time and there are always reasons not to do anything. But to go into more detail here's why:

1) They are porting Ikaruga, give them a chance to finish that first. I'm sure it was mentioned that they'd like to do RS on XBLA.
2) It's Saturn code. It's gonna take A LOT of porting. DC/GC code is comparitively much easier to deal with. Saturn is a clusterfuck.
3) They're working on a DS game (practically finished now), a 360 game and a Wii game iirc.
3) Treasure are a very small company, they're like 2 small teams, maybe 3.
4) They probably want to guage the success of Ikaruga on XBLA, as it's better known than RS, before they port RS to XBLA.

It will probably come to XBLA, in the mean time play it on your Saturn

keep its mystisism

What mysticism? It's just a game... Or did your copy come with a Chao Star engraved on the box?
claudio
128-bit

Post by claudio »

well, i meant that my copy of radiant silvergun possesses the mystical qualities ive always been looking for in life.

just simply staring at a genuine copy of radiant silvergun purifies millions of incalculable aeon's of negative mental obscurations, and it holds the truth about the true nature of reality and breaks everything down to the voidness, and emptiness of a single atom, which is in itself holds an infinite amount of world systems.
samratty
16-bit

Post by samratty »

Good answer. :D
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

I wish Treasure would of gone with releasing RS on XBLA first, but like samratty said, it's probably a bit more of a task to port over than Ikaruga. I have faith it'll come eventually, it's just a matter of waiting it out.

As far as "keeping in on the Saturn", screw that. I would love nothing more than to see this game be available to gamers who missed out, and hopefully put an end to the insane and absurd prices that a Saturn copy goes for.
claudio
128-bit

Post by claudio »

i dont think the price of the Saturn copy will drop, even if it does go out on xbox 360 live.

playing on a 360 is NOT the same experience of playing it on a genuine Saturn. on the Saturn, at least you can say, shit, i how did they do that?
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

Is there not also the possibility of RS coming to the Wii Virtual Console? I don't have a Wii but I think I read they are going to be releasing Saturn games in the future.

And also aren't Treasure working on a new game for the XBLA? The guy who runs the company (can't remember his name) said they are working on a game that isn't a regular shooter and isn't a successor to Ikaruga...but then when they made Ikaruga it wasn't supposed to be a sequel either (and it is still called Project RS2 by Treasure).
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Radiant Silvergun with a simple resolution upgrade would be amazing. I have a copy minus spine card, my feelings won't be hurt if I can play it in 480p or better on Live. Playing games for achievements is fun lately and makes my old games even more fun. While I was playing Nights PS2 the other day I caught myself wondering what kind of link achievements there might be, none!
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
claudio
128-bit

Post by claudio »

gradualmeltdown wrote:Radiant Silvergun with a simple resolution upgrade would be amazing. I have a copy minus spine card, my feelings won't be hurt if I can play it in 480p or better on Live. Playing games for achievements is fun lately and makes my old games even more fun. While I was playing Nights PS2 the other day I caught myself wondering what kind of link achievements there might be, none!

you know what, i totally just changed my mind about re-releasing games, the fact the you can post game achievement will bring this game back to life for me. also it would be cool if they did it in 1080i since i just bought a hdtv my saturn looks like crap on it.