2D Shooters Invade
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Radilgy and Karous

by HeavyMetalMe Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:05 am

Okay, someone please explain this to me! What's the deal with collecting bullets with your shield up? I know how to shoot, and put up cute little shield, but that's it. How do I do the rest?!
THANKS!
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

by Doctor Fugue Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:33 am

I've never played Radilgy, but I have Karous and apparently they are pretty similar. So, I haven't played in a while but here goes.

Whichever weapon you use (including the little shield as a weapon), it will power up every time you touch an enemy (or bullet for the shield). The numbers in the top left will increase indicating that they are getting stronger, and also the weapons will appear to look stronger on the screen. Then the rank number in the top right will increase, somehow related to the total sum of enemy destruction.

Some kinds of bullets cannot be collected by your shield, and some enemies cannot be affected by certain weapons. They will flash a certain color if they are being damaged, and they will flash a different color if they require a different weapon to damage them. For example, if I remember correctly, a ship might flash green when you attack it meaning you must use the sword to destroy it.

I don't know much else...having not played it much. I don't really like it. Do you?
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

by HeavyMetalMe Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Im diggin it a lot. Shmups on DC are pretty much the only thing I play right now.
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
Return to Shmups