xevious

2D Shooters Invade
mrgoodbytes
16-bit

xevious

Post by mrgoodbytes »

ok so I've never been a fan of the shmups... xevious has always been my guilty pleasure.

I play the atari 7800 version [and have been playing that for oh what about 15 years], I own the NES version but the graphics just dont seem as crisp.

what other platforms is it available on and is there a 'definitive' arcade translation?
7800, Jaguar, NES2, SNES, GC, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, 3DO, NGPC
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

It's funny, I love almost every shooter...but I don't really like Xevious.

Anyway, I don't know which is definitive (having not played all the versions), but it is available on almost every system, including MSX, Commodore 64, Apple II computers way back in the day. Some console and portable versions I have played are: GBA, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox360 (LiveArcade), Gamecube, PSP and the Wii Virtual Console. I think it's available on cellphones too.

Seriously it's available almost anywhere on those Namco museum collections...probably any of the recent home console versions are close enough to being a great port.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

Xevious 3D/G for playstation.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary edition. Supports d-pad and analog.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Xevious for the Turbografx 16 is good too
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

It was on the master system too, but it's probably about the quality same as the nes.

You could get the arcade version rom and play it on mame. I don't do this too often, but sometimes it's the only way to play the arcade version.

This site had some decent info
http://www.mobygames.com/game/xevious
dire51

Post by dire51 »

Anyone ever play Super Xevious on the Famicom, or the arcade-only 3D Xevious game Solvalou (think Starblade here)?