2D Shooters Invade
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Parodius Da!... which version to get?

by Flak Beard Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:17 pm

I've been wanting to pick up this game for some time now... but which version should I get? PCE, SFC or should I just go for the Deluxe Pack on Playstation?

Also, is Da! the one to get, or perhaps another game from the series? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :D
Majors
128-bit

by Majors Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 pm

It is a tough call if you have all systems. I play it on my Express at the ladies house when she is watching some HGTV show and I feel it's a great port. But I like Sexy Parodius for Saturn more. You could get the PS ver cheap, albiet not legal. SFC might be harder to find. You can EMU them all even the arcade.
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

by Flak Beard Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:20 pm

I'll be going to Akihabara next month, so I would think most versions would be easy to find. I'm leaning more towards the SFC or PCE version, just because I wouldn't have to use a swap disc every time I play.
marurun

by marurun Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:52 pm

I like the Saturn version, personally :)
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

by ott0bot Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

SFC version plays just like Gradius III for SNES. I did like it, awesome enimies and levels but personally I think it's kinda so-so gameplay wise. It seems kinda sluggish compared to other SFC/SNES shmups. My cart was a pevious rental and just died last week. I've tried everything, but it won't work. shucks...
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

by Flak Beard Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:24 am

Well I decided to test out some of the SFC and PCE versions on my computer, and I have to say I like the SFC version of Parodius Da! the best so far. It has better options than the PCE version. Also, I tried Gokujou Parodius for the SFC, but the music really annoyed me. It just felt too over the top.
marurun

by marurun Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 pm

It's supposed to be a bit over the top. In fact, as the series goes on it gets more and more over the top.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Shmups