Week 2 STGT: Jamestown (Gauntlet Legendary)

2D Shooters Invade
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Week 2 STGT: Jamestown (Gauntlet Legendary)

Post by TSTR »

The music does indeed rule. Stage 3 in particular kicks major buttocks. Will def come back to this one for sure. Great game.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I thought Stage 4 was the best, the intro music to the foundry is just boss. Of course, the main menu music is amazing too - i'll literally just sit on the main menu with the volume up and do my internet stuffs.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I didn't do any sort of milking in the first stage, just started the Vaunt early and kept it running to the boss (where the 360K came from in the stats), and managed to get over 1 mil on each of the 4 stages.

I picked up on this one a lot quicker than any arcade shmup.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I didn't milk 1st boss until the last run - for 100K i'm not sure it's worth it all the time - you are dodging some moderately tight patterns repeatedly for not a ton of points, but it can be done.

My high or stage 2 was 1.45 million, but I could never combine it with a run where I made it through stage 3 cleanly.

Once STGT is over i'd be very interested in some friendly competitions amongst us to do some of the challenges and beating the individual levels on the higher difficulties. I played Croatoa again last night and even with 2 credits (so 9 total lives, it was still a feat to get past the boss...though now that I know the path I won't get squished as much...playing Croatoa the first few times I literally thought there must be some crazy invincibility or teleportation trick, but I did figure it out after many deaths).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:Once STGT is over i'd be very interested in some friendly competitions amongst us to do some of the challenges and beating the individual levels on the higher difficulties.

yeah I was thinking the same. It's a great game. Don't really want to stop playing it.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Although not helpful to my team (sorry, guys), I didn't get a chance to play this much this week. Final score for s&g:

JoeAwesome The Fighting Mongooses 602,194 Stage 2 Beam