REZ HD

2D Shooters Invade
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

REZ HD

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Smokin one to take a breather and about to go play level 5. If you have 5.1 and an HD display this is the best entertainment software ever. I've got 3 controllers, I'd say neck with a pillow and lower back are the best. Feet is fun too.

Discuss this new awesomeness.

BTW you can tweak sound setting such as "reverb" and set fx like "cave" in the sound options. I haven't tried any of it as this is my first clean run through.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Damn, now I need to buy a 360
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Just need to add some MS points to make this purchase.

Looking forward to this.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

I will DL tonight. Points are still burning a hole in my dashboard.

I'm thinking of tossing my copy for PS2 on ebay, but the collector in me says I should keep it.
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Here's what I think for now :

Graphics :

Exactly the same with improved frame rate and NO jaggies

Options to add bloom and different lighting effects. These are mostly minor but make replays a bit more fun.

Sound :

Music is all in 5.1, cymbal crashes fly around the room as objects explode. Remember to set to 5.1 if you have the system, it is pre-set to stereo.

Options for general reverb or other settings for audio FX

Adam Freeland still rules, Level 5 is just amazing!

Rumble :

After several play throughs and more than a few score attacks I enjoy a 360 controller near the lower back. The vibration is very strong and of course pulses with the beats. The neck isn't bad, but it can be a pain to keep it propped up there. I'd say its an improvement over the original trance vibrator in every way. Just a reminder like 5.1 sound rumble must be turned on and configured. Each controller connected to the XBox 360 can be told to rumble or not.

Achievements :

There are achievements for :

Each level completed unlocks an achievement
First in local area score attack leaderboard in a 5 levels
First in local area in Boss Attack score
Perfect Score (1oo%) on all 5 levels
Play 10 hours or more
and many others
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
Metalcrack
32-bit

Post by Metalcrack »

It is a beautiful thing. I had the music cranked so much my little girl was even dancing in her seat!
Atari2600/Colecovision/Dreamcast/DS-Lite/GBA/NES/N64/Gamecube/Saturn/Master System/Genesis-32X-CD/PS1/PS2/PSP/TG16/Xbox/Xbox 360/

Budget Gaming PC: .... AMD Phenom II x3 720, 6870 1GB, 4GB 1600 Ram
otaku
128-bit

Post by otaku »

Played the heck out of my PS2 copy which I just sold and will probably now buy a copy of this for the achievements and to play some more :)
having a blast so far. Never did get a trance vibrator for my ps2 copy so that feature is nice-I think my girlfriend will appreciate it :)

The minor tweaks and improved HD graphics and 5.1 sound are quite nice. Hopefully this will lead to a sequel or at least more work from mizuguchi
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Got it yesterday. Pretty much Rez as it was on the PS2/DC which is a good thing in my book. Always had a small worry that it might have felt a little off/different.

And who is Hexa Drive? (or whatever that company is called) Their logo appears at the beginning. I guess they handled the port? Although I thought it was Q?
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming