2D Shooters Invade
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Your 1CC's - Post 'em here.

by dunpeal2064 Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:11 am

Said so in irc, but grats man. You've been tearing this game apart.

Got a DFK 1-ALL again yesterday. Mis-counted my bees and thought I was going to see the loop :(
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:27 am

Been playing through some of the obscure doujin shmups that are on my harddrive (for the best doujin shmup poll on shmups forum) and managed to 1cc a couple that I'd barely played before:

Dolphin Red: 2nd age (or Red Killer: 2nd Age) - bit of a mix of Star Soldier and Cho Ren Sha 68k. Not sure what the default settings are supposed to be, but it gave me quite a few lives and your ship also has a shield, so you can afford to take quite a few hits; this comes in handy since some of the bosses have pretty cheap attacks, especially near the end.

http://youtu.be/8FnmhSfeFbo

Wrath - fantastically ugly-looking game, but the gameplay is decent enough. Again, you have HP rather than lives, so you can afford to take lots of damage (and there are plenty of health pick-ups too). I cleared the first 5 levels and it gave me a choice of an end screen or an extra stage, which I suppose is like the extra stage in Touhou games. I died on the extra stage boss, but I'm still claiming the Normal 1CC. :)

http://youtu.be/QBoFj_GZ2us

Not sure I'd really recommend either game, but they're both playable and easy enough to clear at least. Music in Wrath is pretty nice too, actually.
Chempop
16-bit

by Chempop Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Played some Darius Gaiden and after a handful of practice runs I got a 1CC :D

I took a pretty easy path and used rapid fire circuit, somehow triggered a score glitch that is supposedly extremely uncommon.

AggroSky

by AggroSky Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Thunder Force 3, Sega Genesis, Mania Difficulty

DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:45 am

Some recent clears...

Danmaku Unlimited 2 (Burst Normal, Classic Normal) - I was expecting this to be fairly easy (as it's a PC port of an iOS game), but it seemed tougher than I expected on first play. Then I noticed the upgrade selection part and you can tweak the options in favour of stronger weapons/lower health or lives or weaker weapons/more health, so I went with the latter and 1CC'd Burst on my 2nd attempt. Just cleared Classic mode today. The game is decent enough, though I'm not sure there's enough variety in the stage design to really keep me playing. Plus, the visuals are competent, but what with the screen awash in pale, glowing neon, it becomes somewhat tiring on the eyes after a while. The only achievement I haven't managed is the 'score one trillion' one; it seems like you'd basically have to no-miss the game in Extreme mode to score that highly, so I'm not sure if I have the patience for that...

Lightning Fighter 2 - iOS game that cheerfully rips off Raiden III & IV. I went into the game without checking out the options and cleared it on my first attempt. It was really, really easy (and quite dull by the end). Then I realised that there are 3 loops: bronze, silver and gold. Silver seems a bit more of a challenge, but being forced to play through bronze first is a bit of a chore. There are more powerful ships, but you need to earn tons of in-game coins to buy them (or just pay for them with actual money), so there's a lot of grinding as well.

Teslapunk - the iOS free version. Probably one of the better non-Cave shmups on iOS. The aesthetic is quite nice and there's a decent enough scoring system. The free version only has 3 stages though, so it's pretty easy to finish.

Ikaruga (Easy) - only 12 million score, which was probably better than my old DC score when I cleared it (I think that was only 10 million).

Crimzon Clover: World Ignition (Boost Novice, Original Novice, Time Attack Master ++ rank) - Almost cleared Arcade Boost using the Type Z ship, but died on the Stage 5 boss.

Gigantic Army (Easy and Normal) - Cool doujin mech shooter that's available on Steam...

http://youtu.be/WgztPYKHQto

It's easier than I was expecting (only racked up 3 hours of play time) but it seems the TLB only appears in Hard, so I guess that's where the real challenge is...
scarper
128-bit

by scarper Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 pm

I've done 1CC's on Darius Gaiden(normal, auto-fire), Layer Section(easy or normal... can't remember), and Blast Wind(easy), but I have no screen caps of them. I now have a fantastic excuse to do these runs again. Pictures will appear... soon... Probably starting with Darius Gaiden.
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:02 am

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on Normal. Crappy score, bomb-spammed the final boss. Still counts :)
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 am

Riverbed Soul Saver (Touhou fan game) on Normal.

Decent game, easy to beat on Normal (and you can make it even easier if you turn Auto Bomb on), with some fancier graphical and lighting effects than the regular Touhou series.

Clip of someone playing it on hard:

http://youtu.be/9tNN2ZUHNB8
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 pm

2nd 1CC of the day: eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package on Normal. :)

I bought a copy of the original exceed 3rd when I was in Japan, and it's a lot harder than the revamped version. Not sure where else you can find a copy of the original now, maybe there's a download somewhere.

Anyway, e3JPBP is made easier due to the fact that you auto-collect items (instead of having to stop firing to suck them in), you have an extra attack, and you also have the option of auto-bomb.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Doc - your an animal.
Return to Shmups