2D Shooters Invade
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Your 1CC's - Post 'em here.

by noiseredux Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 am

my 1CC in Deathsmiles IIX was w/ Rosa. She is really awesome.
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 am

1CC in Phantasmagoria of Flower View on Normal. Slightly harder than PoDD, but it didn't take too much practice to clear it. Haven't tried Lunatic yet...

OK...had one attempt at Lunatic - made it to Stage 8! (There are 9 stages in total.)
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:16 pm

1CC in Phantasmagoria of Flower View on LUNATIC. 8)

I used one of the unlockable characters, who is supposedly overpowered and some players don't consider it a true 1CC because the AI opponent can't really deal with her attacks. I, however, have no such qualms so I'm ticking that box. :)

That makes it sound like you just have to start the game to win, but it's still not easy by any means - skip to 7:30 here to see what the last three stages look like (720p available, which helps if you want to see what's actually going on):

http://youtu.be/HvTV9gAlpaw
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Nice one Doc. Those last few fights do look pretty challenging.

I just got a 1cc in Chronoblast. Crap score in the 150m range (The first score extend is at 100m). Pretty cool little game, I'll have to give Hell mode a try once STGT is over.
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm

1cc'd my first shmup ever with Resogun on Experienced. 8)
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Nice job, Andy - congrats!

I got Mushi yesterday, my total list is small, but here it is:

Shienryu Explosion (Steel Dragon)
Thunder Cross III
The Monkey King
Dragon Spirit
Gradius II
MUSHA
Twinkle Star Sprites (yes, there is a solo arcade mode to ALL)
Psyvariar Revision
Zanac X Zanac
Mushihimesama

I'm to the LB on: Pro Gear, Deathsmiles, and Under Defeat. Hopefully one of those will fall next...
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 pm

1CC in Cho Ren Sha 68k.

Was playing it a couple of months back and made it to 2-0 (which is really Stage 7 of the first loop). Cleared that stage and the TLB this time, but died on the 2-1 on the 2nd loop...
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Correction to the last post...looks like the Stage 2-0 boss in Cho Ren Sha 68k isn't the TLB. That comes after 3-0 (which is Stage 7 on the 2nd loop, if that makes sense). I just watched a video of it, and it's nuts.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 pm

This is my first post in this section of the forum. ExedExes sent me!

The story:
I am totally new to shmups. I'd only played one such game in my life (Spy Hunter) until a month or so ago, not including a confusing five-minute stint with a friend's copy of Lords of Thunder. But I listened to and fell in love with the soundtrack to Thunder Force III after o.pwuaioc mentioned the game, and I got Hobie-wan and pierrot to bring some shmups to a recent meetup for a crash-course.

I wound up buying Thunder Force III a week or so ago, and it is so satisfying. I get it now. I get why these games are so popular. I've beaten TF3 multiple times and just keep going back for more. I seriously can't believe how enjoyable it is. This probably sounds nuts to you guys because it's so obvious to you, but as someone who has had next to no experience with these games, it's been like discovering a whole new world.

I know TF3 is one of the baby shmups in terms of difficulty and am aware that this isn't impressive or anything, but I got my first 1CC a few days back and have been gradually trying to improve my score. I do fantastically up until the Orn Base stage 7 boss, so I've still got to get that thing figured out. Until then, here's my current hi score on normal:

I'll still be playing the heck out of this one, but when I'm ready to move on... any suggestions on what my next title should be?

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Nice work! I'm still trying to simply finish Thunder Spirits (SNES version of Thunder Force III).
Return to Shmups