Your 1CC's - Post 'em here.

2D Shooters Invade
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Your 1CC's - Post 'em here.

Post by ExedExes »

Frag Mortuus wrote:I don't know what any of this means. Can someone elaborate.

1cc/ALL simply means completing a shoot em up game without continues. It's the mark that all shmup fans wish to achieve, a reward for knowledge, persistence, and perseverance in a game you spent a lot of time to do well in.

The conversation the past few posts had is referring to a branch of shmups called "touhou", which is an ongoing series of Japanese fan-created/independent shoot em ups for the PC. More information on them can be found here

I'll go with fvgazi here and say my presence here in this thread won't be as felt as in other areas of the sub-forum, but I just popped in to do a bit of translation :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

damn, no pasts? oh well... here are my past ones anyway

Trigger Heart Exelica (DC, auto-swing on)
Ikaruga (Easy mode, no-miss clear)
Shikigami no Shiro II

These were all several years ago, and I'm nowhere close to 1cc status any more on any of them.

The ones I'm hoping to get sooner or later going forward are fast striker and espgaluda.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Just had one credit on Batsugun Special for the first time in a while, and cleared the first loop. Not the first time I've cleared it, but I think my score may have been slightly better this time (5.6 million) - reached Stage 8, which is the 3rd stage on the 2nd loop.

Didn't do any boss milking, so it's a fairly low score.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

You are too good of a shmupper to be playing Batsugun Special :P

Last time I plopped a credit in, I made it just about as far (Jupiter in the 2nd loop). It was not a very satisfying credit.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

Here is my full list of 1cc's

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Thanks for reminding me
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

A 1CC takes a ton of dedication, unless it's something just cake. So, i'd suggest focusing on one particular game you enjoy and just play it over an over, identify where you consistenly struggle and or otherwise die out. Referred to as a "shmup wall", btw. Then, literally figure out what you're doing wrong there, maybe you're always burying into a specific corner, maybe your using a power character when a speed character might be better, maybe your not bombing, etc - whatever it takes, get past that wall until you hit the next one. The great thing about shmups is that once you get past a wall that part of the game all of sudden becomes second nature and you'll be baffled how you ever struggled with it to begin with.

If you just want the confidence of a 1CC, try something that is generally an easy 1CC.

Shienryu Explosion (Steel Dragon)
Thunder Cross III
MUSHA
Psyvariar Revision
Zanac Neo

Are all ones that come to mind that I was able to get through relatively quickly.

The key often to a 1CC is the last boss, and none of those games have an epic last boss, in fact, I don't know if any of those last bosses are as hard as even the 2nd Boss in Ibara or Pink Sweets.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

I agree... It's all about putting in the time and that's where I fall short. Life allows me very little time to enjoy gaming lately. The only games I've put good chunks if time in are akai katana, deathsmiles, raiden III, and UN squadron (area 88). The only ones I've come close to are deathsmiles and UN Squadron.

Hold on... I have actually 1CC'd a game. Lol... Monkey king for Wii... So, yea, still no real 1CC's
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

If you are wanting a 1cc and have been close with Deathsmiles, you should stick it out. Learning where the health cakes are makes a huge difference. Batsugun Special is another arcade shmup that has a pretty tame first loop, and can be cleared without much practice.

I tend to find arcade 1cc's, even the easy ones, much more rewarding than console ones. A lot of console shmups (ie: Compile) tend to be way too long (9-12 Stages). It always feels like 9 levels that are too easy and let you stock up on tons of resources, followed by a last level/boss that is cheap and tries to take those resources away.

...But, if you are looking for a console-shmup 1cc, I'll add a few easy ones to Mike's list:

Lords of Thunder (Sega CD was a cakewalk, not sure on the Turbo one)
Thunder Force III (Genesis, not sure on the other versions)
GG Aleste (Can't remember if I cleared I or II, since I only played it once)
Gun Nac
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

Deathsmiles is definitely my best bet right now at a 1cc. Ive gotten very close. But I haven't picked up my stick to play for a couple months now. I put a couple solid days of runs together and got close but life with 3 daughters and a wife at home means not much time for fun in front of a game screen to really dedicate the effort.

One day soon though I'll get back in the saddle and give it a go.

And Id really love to get my hands on an actual cab that I could run some Shmups on but that is way out of the price range right now. And more importantly, it is way out of my knowledge base. I'd be clueless on how to get a cab set up and running like I'd want it to.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I've still never 1CC'd Deathsmiles - been to the boss' last form many times. I'm always playing for score and generally lose 1 or 2 health on the bonus stage. I wonder if I should just skip that stage and get the ALL out of the way.