16-bit

Re: Your 1CC's - Post 'em here.

by Chempop Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:54 am

Advance mode all characters cleared:

DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:26 am

I'd settle for clearing Advanced with just one character! :)

Speaking of which, what character do you think it's easiest with? I think I usually go with Strawman.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Holy holy, Josh - that is something else.
Chempop
16-bit

by Chempop Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Speaking of which, what character do you think it's easiest with? I think I usually go with Strawman.

By far Shorty, either B type or C type. only grab an option or two for the first 5 stages, then maybe go nuts and fully power (or not). Avoid dying, and avoid the first 3 1UP drops if you can. Then go down to 1 life and get a special extend (+2 lives but only rank increase for 1), and finish up the last stage. That is just one strategy that works well.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:11 am

A thread I hardly get to particpate in, but now gets a huge BUMP thanks to my latest 1cc, Thunder Force AC (Arcade/MAME), the arcade version of Thunder Force III, which would later be ported to the SNES as Thunder Spirits. It is one of the 28 games that we're playing at this year's Yolympics at Twin Galaxies.

Once you figure out stage 2 and 3, and where you need to be positioned for the stage 4 boss, you'll also clear it easily. Sever and Hunter will be your friends, a shield will make you unbeatable and plenty of 1ups will keep you alive, not that you need them, but you'll also get 100k for each life left at completion.

Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:09 am

Six 1CCs so far this year:

Gaia Seed
Wing Force
Super Galaxy Squadron
Satazius (Easy)
Armed Seven (Hard)
Thunderforce AC

Thanks to ExedExes for the tip on the last one. I just cleared it after a few credits this morning. :-)

Finished with a score of about 1.5 million, mainly because I screwed up on the Stage 4 boss by not killing it quickly enough and lost a few lives. According to my MAME stats, I cleared it after 1 hour 23 minutes of play time. I'd say the difficulty level is fairly similar to Satazius on Easy.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:15 pm

DocHauser wrote:Thanks to ExedExes for the tip on the last one. I just cleared it after a few credits this morning. :-)

Finished with a score of about 1.5 million, mainly because I screwed up on the Stage 4 boss by not killing it quickly enough and lost a few lives. According to my MAME stats, I cleared it after 1 hour 23 minutes of play time. I'd say the difficulty level is fairly similar to Satazius on Easy.

If Exed can 1cc it, SO CAN YOU!™

My one life lost was on the Stage 4 boss too. I know what I have to do. While my score was good, I needed that extra 100K to stay near the top, in addition to the 10k powerups I lost having to get those back. I'll be playing it again. I cleared it twice, once at 1.7, then at 2.1, I'm looking to get near 2.3 now.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Played Thunder Force AC again to try to improve my score and my position at the Yolympics. It took me a few weeks to get this but it was worth it.

2,276,910 - no death clear. Important because extra lives are 100k each at completion.

Return to Shmups