2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: Shmup of the Month Club 2013 (Shienryu)

by mjmjr25 Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:59 am

ExedExes wrote:My crazy idea was to shift the entire schedule up a month and then leave December for exclusively voting in 2014's schedule (including an alternate backup if no STGT next year) so we could have everything ready to go by the end of the year and so we wouldn't be still working out a schedule after Christmas. I'm not really up for another round of voting to determine a game to play in 2 days just because they couldn't get their act together over there, nor would I be terribly crazy about having our own.

:?: I think most of us can vote for games to play...and play a game at the same time. No need to take December off.

RACKET STGT IC THREAD
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:23 am

DocHauser - 4,762,880 - 5-9 - Shmupmame

Needless death on Stage 1 boss, but I managed to no-miss Stages 2, 3 and 4 in that run...
Spyke
64-bit

by Spyke Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:17 am

I've just placed my order for Homura.

Any differences between the PAL and NTSC-J versions? I ordered PAL as it was closer so would arrive quicker.

Ant
Jp-modded PS1 - PAL PS2 - Jp PS2 - Jp Saturn - PAL Xbox 360 - Jp Xbox 360 - Jp MD - Multi-region DC - Spare DC - Pal GC - GBA - DS-Lite
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 am

mjmjr25 wrote:
ExedExes wrote:My crazy idea was to shift the entire schedule up a month and then leave December for exclusively voting in 2014's schedule (including an alternate backup if no STGT next year) so we could have everything ready to go by the end of the year and so we wouldn't be still working out a schedule after Christmas. I'm not really up for another round of voting to determine a game to play in 2 days just because they couldn't get their act together over there, nor would I be terribly crazy about having our own.

:?: I think most of us can vote for games to play...and play a game at the same time. No need to take December off.

RACKET STGT IC THREAD

Plus I think we should vote for games before Dec if possible so that we're not all scrambling to buy January's game the day after Christmas.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:36 am

noiseredux wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:

RACKET STGT IC THREAD

Plus I think we should vote for games before Dec if possible so that we're not all scrambling to buy January's game the day after Christmas.

I'd be in favor of debating 2014's TR titles in October (per usual) and then SOTM titles in November
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am

Or we can start talking TR now and discuss SOTM in October.

@Dave: :twisted:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 am

noiseredux wrote:Or we can start talking TR now and discuss SOTM in October.

@Dave: :twisted:

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 am

so we are playing Homura this month, yes?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:11 am

noiseredux wrote:so we are playing Homura this month, yes?

That's what seems like the easiest option for me fwiw.

After that I say hashiriya1 or DocHauser pick a game for the remaining month (they have the most high scores).
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:56 am

brunoafh wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so we are playing Homura this month, yes?

That's what seems like the easiest option for me fwiw.

Agreed. Plus, I already did the writeup and would not want to have to scramble to get another done so quickly :lol:

brunoafh wrote:After that I say hashiriya1 or DocHauser pick a game for the remaining month (they have the most high scores).

That's a solid idea. I trust they'll pick something good.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Return to Shmups