2D Shooters Invade
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Shmup of the Month Club 2013 (Shienryu)

by o.pwuaioc Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:05 pm

noiseredux wrote:Deathsmiles!

Strikers 1945.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 pm

What are some good shumps for the PS2?
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:10 pm

There aren't any. You'll need to get a Pico.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm

oxymoron wrote:What are some good shumps for the PS2?

Castle of Shikigami ll
Raiden lll
Gradius lll & lV
Some good ones on the Taito collections (Gekirindan, Gun Frontier, Raystorm)

The import shmups are much better than the localized ones.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm

I think Red Star is the only shmup on PS2.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:There aren't any. You'll need to get a Pico.

:?:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:44 pm

I gave myself five tries tonight to come up with something good, and here's what I got on the fifth try:

pierrot - 4,579,310 - 5-9 (Boss) - Saturn

mjmjr25 wrote:Let's hold off on Homura in case there is an STGT? We can just pick a game at random for September and if STGT starts up, just play it in the background or whatever.

Thoughts? At some point we'll need a new title either way - may as well do it now?

So, I was thinking, what if we did our own STGT in November or December, or something. I know it would be on a vastly different scale, but it could be fun if the Shmups forum STGT doesn't happen.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:01 am

pierrot wrote:So, I was thinking, what if we did our own STGT in November or December, or something. I know it would be on a vastly different scale, but it could be fun if the Shmups forum STGT doesn't happen.

My crazy idea was to shift the entire schedule up a month and then leave December for exclusively voting in 2014's schedule (including an alternate backup if no STGT next year) so we could have everything ready to go by the end of the year and so we wouldn't be still working out a schedule after Christmas. I'm not really up for another round of voting to determine a game to play in 2 days just because they couldn't get their act together over there, nor would I be terribly crazy about having our own.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:54 am

ExedExes wrote:
pierrot wrote:So, I was thinking, what if we did our own STGT in November or December, or something. I know it would be on a vastly different scale, but it could be fun if the Shmups forum STGT doesn't happen.

My crazy idea was to shift the entire schedule up a month and then leave December for exclusively voting in 2014's schedule (including an alternate backup if no STGT next year) so we could have everything ready to go by the end of the year and so we wouldn't be still working out a schedule after Christmas. I'm not really up for another round of voting to determine a game to play in 2 days just because they couldn't get their act together over there, nor would I be terribly crazy about having our own.

I vote for this.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 am

pierrot wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Let's hold off on Homura in case there is an STGT? We can just pick a game at random for September and if STGT starts up, just play it in the background or whatever.

Thoughts? At some point we'll need a new title either way - may as well do it now?

So, I was thinking, what if we did our own STGT in November or December, or something. I know it would be on a vastly different scale, but it could be fun if the Shmups forum STGT doesn't happen.

Great idea. We can do Homura this month and Raiden IV in October. Regardless of a shmups STGT, it isn't the worst thing to start our own mini-tournament. I personally don't think we need to take a month off for STGT anyways as all racket members aren't over there, plus sometimes the STGT game is no good so it would be nice to have something going on over here anyways.

While Homura is going on we can start a separate thread for our own (small) STGT where teams are formed and games voted on. We know numbers will be considerably smaller, so i'd suggest 3-person teams and the 2 highest scores submitted count for your team.

I'll start a thread - if we can get at least 5 teams of 3, then I say do it. If we can't get at least 15 people interested, well then, not meant to be...
Return to Shmups