DoDonPachi: Resurrection - High Scores

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: DoDonPachi: Resurrection - High Scores

Post by mjmjr25 »

ditto and ditto, Chaz. SotM here, SotM neo, thing on shmups...and yet, I want to play this now. I will do so this evening.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Sooo... since you are done with RayForce, you gonna play this with me Mike? :mrgreen:

Oh, and a new PB!

Dunpeal2064 - 28,315,761,406 - 2-3 (Omote) - C-Strong - 360
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I played briefly last weak - i've switch to Power style. I'm just under my old score, but not getting nearly as far.

I see you accessed the 2nd Loop...i've still not gotten past that last boss on 5th stage, let alone met the requirements of 2nd Loop, but this is inspiring and yes, i'll get back on this tonight. I'm not sure i'll have enough to nudge you along, but i'll do my best to at least keep some chatter going.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Stage 5 is brutal man. Pretty sure I no-missed st 1-4, and then got hit at least a dozen times in stage 5, and cheesed the heck out of the boss. I spent two hours yesterday playing this, and the entire time was spent in stage 5 practice mode.

For the Omote loop, you need 35 bees. Pretty tough if you are in the normal route, as there are 7 bees per stage, but if you get in the alternate route, it adds 2 bees per stage, so you can miss 10 and still get in.

I only really got that far because of the 2nd score extend, since it adds 6 bombs (with auto bomb, pretty much 7 lives). With that and the fixed extend, you get 5 spare lives, and more bombs with each one. Gives you room for over 30 mistakes.

I wasn't expecting to dig this deep into this one, but once it clicks, it is impossible to put down.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Have you tried playing Power Style? Also addictive, but...instead of 30-ish mistakes...you get 3 (plus extends, of course). If done right, you can almost play the entire game in hyper, but like anything in shmups, easier said than done.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I haven't tried Power yet. It looks to be much better for scoring, since cancelling bullets in Boost gives you hyper instead of Hit. But, like you said, you only get 3 mistakes. No way I could make it to the 2nd loop with that ship yet.

Whats funny is, you can't get into the Ura 2nd loop unless you have no more than 1 death and 2 bombs (and collect all 45 bees). For Power, this means 3 mistakes... but since Strong has so many bombs, you can actually only make 2 mistakes.

Its crazy how exponential scoring is in this game. My 28b run went to 2-3... but I had 25-26b at the end of 1-3. Playing 1-4 through 2-3 only netted me 2b, since I wasn't trying to score. I think, if you ignore scoring all together, you might not get the 2nd score extend until 2-5, if at all.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Stage 5 isn't fun. It's just painful. I take real pride in getting through stage 3 boss untouched - but stage 5, if I survive at all, it's just pure luck. That is the meanest stage in any game i've ever played. I just do not understand how to navigate those spinning turret wheels w/the purple beams. It is just so freaking mean.

I hit stage 5 w/3 lives, and just get eaten alive, by the time I hit the boss i'm on my last life w/1 or 2 bombs left, can usually get past the first form ok, then it's over. So ugly.

I'm really close to the all, if I can get to him w/just 2-3 more bombs, I should have it, but man, talk about frustrating...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Stage 5 is really nasty at first. Honestly, I just looked up a replay and copied the route. The stage becomes much more managable once you know where the game expects you to move.

Even if you just get the first set of wheels down, it should save you enough resources to get the clear.

Or, if you got the 2nd score extend, since that would give you enough extra resources to clear with your current strat.

You can do it man!
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

Holy smokes, DP! Score board updated... with a sick score!
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Thanks man :)