Espgaluda II + Black Label - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Re: Espgaluda II + Black Label - Hi-Scores

Post by skate323k137 »

16,158,131 - skate323k137 - stage 3 - Ageha - Arcade
(on 360, but normal arcade mode)

One thing to add to the scoring info above, if you stay in kakesui over mode (red bullets) you'll up your kakesui level. The circle that appears around your character will fill several times and then disappear, when it disappears you're at max kakesui level. It's my understanding that this makes enemies release more gems when you're in normal mode. However, when you're in over mode (red bullets) the bullets will go faster with each level you go up. This is in the first ESPgaluda too, however, in that one if you die you lose your kakesui level; in this one you keep it on death. I usually max it out at the start of the first stage.

Just got this one a couple days ago, so far stage 3 is about as far as I'm getting. Definitely harder than the original.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Finally opened this up for 360. Considerably tougher than Galuda (1) and RaDe. Scoring in Arcade mode seems pretty similar to the others.

7,176,840 - mjmjr25 - Stage 2 - Ageha - Arcade (360)

Black Label...I have no idea how scoring is working so far, it seems like you earn more points straight killing / bullet canceling, than you do killing in Kakusi or Kakusi Overdrive - anyone have short and sweet tips to score in Black Label?
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

mjmjr25 wrote:Black Label...I have no idea how scoring is working so far, it seems like you earn more points straight killing / bullet canceling, than you do killing in Kakusi or Kakusi Overdrive - anyone have short and sweet tips to score in Black Label?

I have no idea as I've really only payed attention to arcade mode. I've been meaning to jump back into this game for a while, but I'm working on Air Gallet at the moment.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I played BL a few times again last night - I am def. scoring better by not going into Kasuki mode, just let bullets fill the screen and cancel by killing that enemy, more bullets the higher the multiplier.

The other thing is, that direct hits will kill you, but if a bullet grazes the side of your hitbox, it gives like a 1/2 second to adjust and move out the way, so it's sorta like the sides of your hitbox have this little force field around them - you will still die if you don't adjust, but it's very forgiving compared to arcade mode.

So, while there are more bullets in BL version, it is actually quite a bit easier, I got to stage 3 boss w/26 million after about 20 mins of play.

Guy I was getting my Akuu Gallet PCB from flaked on me, so, meh. Galuda and Sonic Wings will have to suffice.
temple
8-bit

Post by temple »

68,855,214-Temple-stage 3 mid-boss-Seseri-black label 360
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Wow, really difficult to adjust going back and forth from Arcade to Black Label, but still improving on both:

12,376,030 - mjmjr25 - Stage 3 (boss) - Ageha - 360/Arcade

My best Black Label run is just shy of 80mil, def. getting the hang of it better, but still nowhere near Ellert's score of 225mil plus. No pics until I hit at least 100mil...
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Nice work.

I want to play this more, but I don't like how it looks on my HDTV, and I'm too lazy to dig out my xbox VGA cord to play it on a tate CRT. One of these days...
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

skate323k137 wrote:Nice work.

I want to play this more, but I don't like how it looks on my HDTV, and I'm too lazy to dig out my xbox VGA cord to play it on a tate CRT. One of these days...

Are you playing "Arcade Mode"? If so, try the Xbox 360 mode on your HD, it looks great. Its the same as arcade too, the only difference is that you can't do the tutorial glitch (which no one does anyways)
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
skate323k137 wrote:Nice work.

Are you playing "Arcade Mode"? If so, try the Xbox 360 mode on your HD, it looks great. Its the same as arcade too, the only difference is that you can't do the tutorial glitch (which no one does anyways)

I'd still feel bad sumbitting a score for "arcade" if I had it in 360 mode, unless none of you guys care.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I've played both and didn't seem to notice any difference at all. I agree, 360 mode looks better on LCD, so when I play upstairs, i'm playing 360 mode - when i'm downstairs, I play on arcade mode.