Espgaluda II + Black Label - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: Espgaluda II + Black Label - Hi-Scores

Post by mjmjr25 »

I realize i'm the only one playing this right now, but don't really care.

I apparently opened up "OMAKE!" mode too...another completely different way to play.

I haven't even touched ARRANGE yet.

And I just realized there is a 3rd gear of Kakusei, which can be activated when holding B (instead of tapping B) if you have both gold and gems, instead of canceling bullets, it spawns more bullets right near your character and they are seekers, they follow you all over, crazy. If you can guide them off screen, or "tap" B to go to regular Kakusei and then cancel, you can get big points your multiplier can go as high as x500 (instead of x100). This all refers to Arcade mode, no idea how it plays out in Black Label.

I am amazed at the depth of this game.

To recap:
Arcade/360 Mode (novice mode option)
Arrange
Black Label (novice mode option)
Omake!

All score and play entirely different, and yet enemies and stages are all the same. Amazing.
jepjepjep
24-bit

Post by jepjepjep »

mjmjr25 wrote:I realize i'm the only one playing this right now, but don't really care.

Hey, I think I'm going to join you Mike. I played this when if first came out but haven't touched it in a while. I remember the Omake mode was really fun. The black label mode was pretty confusing for me, the way you can push the bullets away "sometimes".
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

jepjepjep wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:I realize i'm the only one playing this right now, but don't really care.

Hey, I think I'm going to join you Mike. I played this when if first came out but haven't touched it in a while. I remember the Omake mode was really fun. The black label mode was pretty confusing for me, the way you can push the bullets away "sometimes".

That would be awesome.

I've been experimenting with Kakusei Zesshikkai - there are definitely more points to be had, but it is a much more dangerous playstyle.

Kakusei Normal - (tap B) bullets slow down and cancel for points when you destroy the enemy that fired them.

Kakusei Zesshikkai - if you HOLD B for just over a second AND you have GOLD AND GEMS, the screen goes slightly (subtly) wavy. You are now in Zesshikkai mode, each enemy you destroy spawns a new round of faster seeking bullets, eventually they will cancel out if you guide them off screen or kill other enemies? (hard to tell exactly when they cancel, but they do after a few seconds) and now your multiplier doesn't stop at x100, but rather as high as x500.

Kakusei Zesshikkai Over - if you run out of GOLD OR GEMS, you'll go into over, which is nearly impossible to survive in for more than a second, all of the newly spawned seeker bullets are now fast and red. Luckily, if you have any energy, you'll auto-bomb instead of dying.

Kakusei Over - Same as Galuda I, once you run out of GEMS in Kakusei normal, you'll go into over, which increases your speed and you constantly accrue points, all enemies become gold, etc - but bullets are much faster and you don't accrue gems. Kakusei over is recommended for all bosses 1-3. I recommend it for certain parts of boss 4 and 5, but not all.
jepjepjep
24-bit

Post by jepjepjep »

I was on fire tonight! So many close calls but saved by the bullet cancelling.

331,877,423 - jepjepjep - Stage 6 - Ageha - Black Label
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Damn, Joe!

I keep having the same run over and over. I get to stage 4 boss in the low 200mil range with 3-4 lives, so, in really good shape. Then...he just eats me up. I can usually get past his the first part of his first form no problem, then I just get tore up.

I try different tactics but nothing seems to take. I use frequent shield-bomb, I use prolonged (hold for 3 seconds) sheild-bomb, I don't use shield, I do the entire battle in Kakusei Overdrive w/max power, just nothing.

Any tips for him?
jepjepjep
24-bit

Post by jepjepjep »

LOL, I really thought my run would end at the st 4 boss. I got to him with three lives and died twice right away, used up my barrier on my last life and somehow managed to survive. Early in St 5 I got a score extend (I think) and made it through the St 5 boss miraculously.

My strategies for the bosses were to dodge as best as I can until I'm cornered then tap the barrier to use as little as possible and dodge some more until I have to use the barrier again. Die and repeat till I'm out of lives/barrier. I found that I go through the gems really quickly so I end up in normal mode most of the time. Overmode is like suicide.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Yeah, stage 5 boss seems a tad easier (not easy) but easier than stage 4 boss. Extends are at 100mil and 300mil. End of stage 4 and all of stage 5 with so may enemies, your basially at 10K for each bullet cancel the entire time, so points really start to build up.

I prefer Ageha, but Seseri's power on bosses is crazy, if you can center your fire on the boss, which can prove difficult stage 3 boss and beyond, but with her, I can usually milk the stage 2 boss for 40-50mil if you kakusei overdrive cancel max bullets at the end of all 3 forms.
temple
8-bit

Post by temple »

That 1 sissy video that guy makes the game his bitch....I can't seem to do that at all.....
Gonna set some gaols and put some time in tOnite....
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Well, yeah, he's obviously very good, but do note, the video is of one of his replays, so the commentary is after the fact. Doesn't take away from the performance, but helps perspective a bit.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

EspGaluda II Black Label
232,800,655 - skate323k137 - Stage 5 (boss) - Ageha - Black Label (360)

Only my 2nd run at black label. I dig it. Pic later / if anyone cares.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.