Ultra Street Fighter II on Nintendo Switch

Brawlers and Beatemups
racketboy
Site Admin

Ultra Street Fighter II on Nintendo Switch

Post by racketboy »

Once my kids are a little order, I'm totally going to get a Switch. This looks pretty sweet.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/24/1568 ... tch-review
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Re: Ultra Street Fighter II on Nintendo Switch

Post by Melek-Ric »

As neat as USFII is for Switch-owning fans and newcomers, I've had HD Remix since release in 2008. I don't think Evil Ryu and V. Ken are enough to get me to purchase it along with a Switch. That said, it getting ported to the other systems would be nice so more gamers could play it.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
marurun

Post by marurun »

Japan never got the HD Remix. If they get this it will be their first exposure.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My opinion is that if you already have HD Remix don't bother with Ultra. It's HD Remix without all the little tweaks that makes the game more playable (like not having Cammy's Holigan combination be 12369 but instead a sane 236).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I got it. I don't have a Switch yet and prob not til next year. I love SFII. I also love the retro revivals on Switch. Switch in many ways is reminding me of SNES in library so far and Nintendo of old. I'm not bothered by the price. People are flipping out over it but many of those people also seemed to give Star Wars Battlefront and Destiny a free pass. USFII is a complete game. An Enhanced port sure but I rather support a physical version of one of the best games ever over most AAA stuff. USFII is a better game than SFV. I do own SFV as well.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

I think there are 3 games that need to be playable in some form on (practically) every system:
Doom
Tetris
Street Fighter II (any iteration)

Hacks and emulation fill the void a lot of times. But I do approve of the release...
...not sure if I'd spend over $20 on it though...
...just another lost soul...
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

nightrnr wrote:I think there are 3 games that need to be playable in some form on (practically) every system:
Doom
Tetris
Street Fighter II (any iteration)

Hacks and emulation fill the void a lot of times. But I do approve of the release...
...not sure if I'd spend over $20 on it though...

I like this concept.
And I wish some of these companies would figure out a licensing thing that will give a discount for those that have a license on an old platform. I don't expect free as I know there's work that goes into improvements and such (although maybe a "deluxe version" with added features and such)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

What's wrong with Destiny or Battlefront?
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

marurun wrote:Japan never got the HD Remix. If they get this it will be their first exposure.

Wow, I didn't know that. I wonder why they didn't get it over there? Download-only titles not popular at the time?

HDR did get a physical release at least in NA later on as part of a Capcom digital arcade collection disc. I had owned it but got tired of putting in the disc and dealing with it's interface to play HDR only, so I sold it and re-bought HDR digital when it went on sale.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
marurun

Post by marurun »

Capcom decided that Japanese audiences would not appreciate David Sirlin's balance adjustments, despite Sirlin querying high-level Japanese players during the process. My understanding was that the top year players in Japan played it and were ok with it, but it would have meant yet another Street Fighter game to try to work into an already crowded tournament schedule.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.