Favorite stages in fighting games

Brawlers and Beatemups
9Volt
8-bit

Favorite stages in fighting games

Post by 9Volt »

Hello people!

So, since fighting is one of my favorite genres in gaming and stages are big elements in this kind of game, how about we share some love to the place where our battles stormed?

Here is one of my favorite series ever:

I really love F-Zero, specially the first game (and GX!), so I was really happy to see the OG game represented in perfect pixel style! And the gameplay is really fun! And the first position is always changing, which is a neat detail!

Hope to see a lot of input, I think that a lot of SNK mentions will show up! XP
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite stages in fighting games

Post by ExedExes »

One that stands out to me is the airplane battle on the Neo Geo Double Dragon.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
marurun

Post by marurun »

KOF 95 has lots of fantastic stages, but the ones that stand out to me are Mai's raft stage and Terry's beach stage with the pools of water and the reflections.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

As an impressionable youngster, I was always fascinated by the stages in Mortal Kombat 3. I liked how you could utilize certain finishing moves in certain stages. I seem to recall that delivering an uppercut in "The Pit" would execute a stage fatality by knocking one's opponent off the ledge and into the spinning blades of a monstrous machine.
Last edited by samsonlonghair on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DSStrider
64-bit

Post by 3DSStrider »

Probably Final Destination in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Especially since I main Marth and that is the best tournament-legal stage for him.

Pretty much every stage in the Soul Calibur is awesome.

Most stages in the Street Fighter games are pretty boring. But the Capcom Vs. games had pretty good ones.

I also really like most stages that are floating in the air or very high up, for some reason.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

The WWF Smackdown games on Playstation 1 had an "Anywhere Fall" mode wherein you could wrestle outside the ring, under the Titan Tron, even back stage. WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role impressed me with just how far THQ took this concept. The backstage area was positively sprawling. You could wrestle in the locker room, in the kitchen, even in the fountain in the lobby. No matter where you wrestled, there were always plenty of steel chairs laying around... naturally.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Great idea for a thread.

Nostalgia always directs me to Renegade (Taito) for the C64.

The train station featuring a guy whose pants were the same colour as his skin tone (or was he wearing pants!)

and the second stage where people rode motorbikes at you.

I also enjoyed Batman Returns (SNES) for the destructable scenery and window smashing.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I always liked the dojo stage in the 1st CvS.

Every time a fighter hit the ground it would progressively damage more and more of the building, until I think it eventually collapsed.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Def Jam: Fight for New York had some fantastic stages that seemed to fully realise everything that Pit Fighter had wanted to be.

A bar room where you could ram your opponents head through a juke box, get shoved or handed weapons from the crowd, a train station where a well timed throw onto the tracks would end the bout instantly, a rain soaked scrap yard where you could batter your opponent with car parts and toss them into an electric fence and a penthouse with the possibility to hurl your opponent out of the window were some of the memorable ones for me.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The church in DOA2, where you can hurl, or be hurled, through the stained glass window to the ground outside.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.