Ultra Street Fighter IV - Digital vs Physical?

Brawlers and Beatemups
ClassicallyTrained
8-bit

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Digital vs Physical?

Post by ClassicallyTrained »

I guess I am old school, but I am still waiting to buy the physical copy of the game for the PS3. I purchased SF IV and then SSFIV, but I will pay the extra $ for the disc, rather than upgrade.

What is everyone else doing, and why?
ClassicallyTrained.net - Life & Leadership Lessons from Classic Video Games
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV - Digital vs Physical?

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am upgrading only because I have Arcade Edition on Steam so digital already.

With fighting games though, having a physical copy is much more beneficial than having digital when you think about it. Having the ability to take a copy over to your friend's house instead of bringing your whole system. Of course, they should have bought the game themselves, those cheapskates!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

My strategy was simple. I bought the digital upgrade the day it came out for competitive reasons. Get to practice and use new stuff from day 1, instead of being behind the curve when then physical comes out.
So with the digital copy being in use, I figured I'd get a physical copy way down the road used or after a huge price drop, just for collecting purposes. But there is no rush for me to have the box sitting on a shelf.

There is small advantages to buying the physical though. Like Bogus said- you get to take the game places without lugging your system around. Also the digital upgrade didn't include Trials for the new characters, that is coming on the physical release.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
ClassicallyTrained
8-bit

Post by ClassicallyTrained »

I agree with the benefit of portability, but at the same time, unless you transfer the save file can lose a lot of features/unlockables.
ClassicallyTrained.net - Life & Leadership Lessons from Classic Video Games
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I went another route. I downloaded SMUSFIV and when the physical USFIV comes out, i'll be so ahead of the curve it will appear as though i'm actually at the start.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Did anyone here rush out and get the Physical version? Were the trials worth it :P ? Any other added features we haven't discussed?
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.