Killer Instinct (Xbox One)

Brawlers and Beatemups
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Re: Killer Instinct (Xbox One)

Post by Melek-Ric »

That's cool that Iron Galaxy and MS are doing that. I know that the system change to longer delay till white life recovers was one of those community requests, which I like.

I also read that only 15 Ultimates are being added to the game at this time. So I assume that means OG KI characters will get them. Also there's rumbling about more mixup characters like Killgore, but I'd be content with more stages with finishers.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Shin Hisako is the next character. It's Hisako but with a katana instead of a naginata. Character breakdown will happen at the KI World Cup next week. I always liked Hisako but I was never very good at playing her. I think she was one of the better character from season 2 from a design standpoint.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Hey if anyone wants to fight, send me a PM. I'm still a novice, but would always be willing to play. I love this game.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I hate saying this as I hate port begging. This is a great game and something I never say but I must. It just came out on the wrong platform at the wrong time. Yes MS owns the IP and I accept that. It came out when XBO had really bad press. It came out with 1 character to play. Not that the seasonal thing is wrong but should have launched with a few to play as. It's loaded now on the roster. Absolutely the best theme song of any fighting game this generation.

I know it's on PC that's where I played it and have it. Just think it would have done better on PS4...again yeah not possible. I am not asking MS to do it. Actually scratch that. I wish MS didn't flub XBO launch so badly. It could have been as good as 360. Remove the kinect keep the price at 400. None of the bad PR or always online stuff ever happened. That sports sports sports TV TV TV TV CoD CoD CoD thing never happened. Had XBO gotten to a good start and KI had a few more characters day one, I feel this could have been one of the biggest FG games this gen and it absolutely deserves it. Just feels it's always forgotten by anyone who doesn't have XBO.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Segata wrote:I hate saying this as I hate port begging. This is a great game and something I never say but I must. It just came out on the wrong platform at the wrong time. Yes MS owns the IP and I accept that. It came out when XBO had really bad press. It came out with 1 character to play. Not that the seasonal thing is wrong but should have launched with a few to play as. It's loaded now on the roster. Absolutely the best theme song of any fighting game this generation.

I know it's on PC that's where I played it and have it. Just think it would have done better on PS4...again yeah not possible. I am not asking MS to do it. Actually scratch that. I wish MS didn't flub XBO launch so badly. It could have been as good as 360. Remove the kinect keep the price at 400. None of the bad PR or always online stuff ever happened. That sports sports sports TV TV TV TV CoD CoD CoD thing never happened. Had XBO gotten to a good start and KI had a few more characters day one, I feel this could have been one of the biggest FG games this gen and it absolutely deserves it. Just feels it's always forgotten by anyone who doesn't have XBO.

I think it came out at a great time, a console launch. The problem was MS was high on doing so well last generation that they thought they could finally take over the living room with the Xbox, it being your One device. And that's not what gamers want and MS paid for it dearly for 2-3 years. MS within the last year has just became competitive again with Sony. Just compare their e3 presentation to prior years.

All that said, be a fan of games, not platforms. KI is a great fighting game and my favorite fighter this generation. Yeah, it would have done better on PS4, but that's water under the bridge now. It's on Xbox since 2013, on Windows 10 for over a year, and there's cross-play which works well.

Anyway, I'm hosting a lobby with a couple friends this week on Thursday if you want to join. I'm probably the best out of the group and even I feel like there's more I can learn and get better. I still feel I'm a novice at times. Hit me up if interested. I play KI every day or so.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I am a fan of the games. I also said scratch all that instead I really I wish MS didn't flub the announcement so the XBO could have had a good start to give KI some attention but also feel should have launched with more characters. XBO could have had 360 success.

Also people think 360 was more successful than it was. It came in 3rd place in sales.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

It was much more successful than the OG Xbox was.

I think for $20 Season 1 was a good value. The Combo Breaker disc, which came out almost a year later, was bad though. It should have been the Ultra edition but instead it was the basic Season 1 version. No retro costumes, no KI 1 Classic.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Segata wrote:Also people think 360 was more successful than it was. It came in 3rd place in sales.

It sold like 80+ million units, depending on the source you look at they are always within a million of one another and it swings who came second. Where did you get your figures that it came in third? 80+ million units is highly successful considering the sales are like 1:1 with the PS3 for the generation.

Maybe it feels "more successful" than it was, because in the States it outsold the PS3 5:3. There is also the fact that the Japanese did not embrace the 360, that gives the PS3 like 10 million 'free' numbers in their stats, so again, it seems "more successful" because in English speaking markets, overall, it dominated.

Like if we look at just the US and Europe (the two biggest English speaking markets), the Xbox 360 sold roughly 75 million, with the PS3 selling around 64 million. That could make this "false" sense of success if you are part of the English speaking market.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

PS4 ended up with 86 million sold. 360 84 million. Wii 102 million. 360 came in 3rd place in the end. People mistake it for being the best selling system that gen or think it beat PS3. 360 had early success but lost momentum in later years where PS3 kept building up and Wii stayed consistent most the way. 360 had less and less 1st party support as the years went on where PS3 was getting more.Sales are something I kept up with all 7th gen. No idea where you read 64 when even in that link from Vgchartz who is not a valid source normally is at 86 like I said so this time they back me up. 3DS is marked at 64 on Vgchartz but Nintendo says 66.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Segata wrote:No idea where you read 64.

Did you actually read my post.