Dragalia Lost - Nintendo Adventure/RPG on mobile

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Dragalia Lost - Nintendo Adventure/RPG on mobile

Post by Tanooki »

As of a few days ago their newest release on the whole Apple/Android front is this game they published called Dragalia Lost. It has some growth and earning of gear/items/team that kind of parallels Fire Emblem. But in the end it's not a turn based SRPG like that, but more of a Zelda light adventure RPG style game using some decent touch controls to manage the adventure.

So far it has turned out to be a pretty solid game, and I can see where maybe later you could have to grind some stages or events to survive the main story, and that story is pretty well written and fairly large in size you'll discover some hours into it. I got lucky going on and was able to invest one of the items you get to buy things (all but one in game currency require actual cash and it is a total fluff thing thankfully) and got a 5 star 'dragon' card for Jeanne de Arc (or something like that) which hits well.

The game has so much you can craft from other weapons and gear, level up them, the dragons, your characters, and player (overall) level as well. You'll get your own hub to develop in some micro SimCity type way which allows you to curry more resources by so many hours, also others which by the affinity you are allow for bonus perks in HP/power as well. If you haven't looked into it, do, it seems to now only be casually worthwhile, but something you could sink into without being some pathetic cash pounding whale to progress into. Cash isn't the enemy here, it's battery life and time.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Dragalia Lost - Nintendo Adventure/RPG on mobile

Post by Jagosaurus »

Interesting. I somehow missed this. Any idea if bluetooth controller is supported?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I doubt it given the touch setup of the controls, but I guess it's possible if they allowed for it and you to use a stick as a cursor but it would slow things.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Gotcha. Touch screen heavy. I'll look up a review. Can work for the right game, but I'm partial to the games that support bluetooth controllers.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well if you find sometimes the touch control gets aggravating, as I think many enough who grew up using buttons and d-pad would, there is an auto mode. I've flipped it on a couple times before and it's oddly very competent in taking out stuff and not getting killed for it, usually with better precision on the controller character you handed over to auto mode. It's a button right on screen so you don't need to stop-go the play of the game, though it is dumb about picking up crates/treasure chests for gear, cash, and Hp restore bottles.

Like I said, think of it a bit like Fire Emblem, if it were action based, and that you can morph into dragons temporarily that you forge pacts with and they kick the crap out of stuff. In a way kind of like FE with some FFCC mechanics for play behind it due to action, attack/def magics, buff/debuff, and restorative magics.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I no longer can recommend this game.

Once you hit Chapter 6 the levels they tell you that you need to be with your MIGHT level vs what a stage asks for is 100% broken. The game once you get the last of the elemental dragons (Ch5 finish) is basically broken. You'll have stages where your might is 1000-1500 higher than what is required to take down a stage and you get your ass handed to you by the game. At this rate due to what it costs to level up various aspects to get into tier2 (4star) weaponry takes a lot of excessive grinding for stuff vs a very limited small stamina bar that refills like 1 tick every 10min so you're basically strongly but outright indirectly goaded into paying to level up. Nintendo appears to have by publishing this 100% outside piece of work falling into the asshole realm of whale fishing. If you have the patience to stick with it for days/weeks to just inch up once you break past that point in the game, more power to you, but I'm strongly now considering erasing it because what it tells you you need to be vs what you have to be to do a basic common stage map is a fucking lie to be blunt about it.