Have you played ATARI today!!!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Have you played ATARI today!!!

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Played some Atari 5200 last night and the controls are just as bad as I remembered.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

New Years Eve I hooked up a 2600 to the big-screen and we played a bunch of pong (video olympics), Warlords, Combat and co-op Worm War.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Nice. How is Worm War? I have a copy myself; I really like the label.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Just a simple vertically scrolling shoot-em-up. I only put it on because it offers co-op so my nephew could join in. The sprite animation is pretty impressive, tho it's got a lot of screen corruption because of system limitations.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Picked up a colecovision recently, just waiting on the a/v mod stuff to come in. Picked up a handful of titles to get a good collection going. Boy it's a bitch trying to guess if parker bros carts are 2600 or colecovision. I got caught slipping on tutankham and didn't check the back of the cart on the pics. Overpaid by about 30 dam bucks. Lesson learned.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

OG Atari & Activision game designers David Crane, Garry Kitchen, and Dan Kitchen have gotten together and formed a retro game publishing company named Audacity Games. Their first game is called Circus Convoy and is available now. A second game called Casey's Gold is based on Dan Kitchen's 1983 prototype of a Keystone Kapers sequel, and should be available in June. Looking forward to these!

https://adgm.us/
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Golgo 14 wrote:OG Atari & Activision game designers David Crane, Garry Kitchen, and Dan Kitchen have gotten together and formed a retro game publishing company named Audacity Games. Their first game is called Circus Convoy and is available now. A second game called Casey's Gold is based on Dan Kitchen's 1983 prototype of a Keystone Kapers sequel, and should be available in June. Looking forward to these!

https://adgm.us/

that game looks awesome, i purchased the collectors edition. I kept reading about people having issues ordering on the site, but my transaction went smooth.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Nice! I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I plan to get standard editions of both games.

I love that they're continuing the practice of the Activision patches. I still have dozens of photos of my scores from my childhood. I'd reach the score and take a picture, but never got around to mailing it in! :roll: I guess they're using QR codes this time around, so I think I can handle that. :lol:
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Do y'all have a favorite aftermarket joystick for the 2600? I'd like another one for player 2 (been using a genesis pad temporarily for port two).
My joystick is a "cirka" brand and I like it. Curious to hear other opinions as the Cirka seems to be limited to ebay listings at the moment.

I see there's a "Hyperkin Trooper" on amazon with two fire buttons. Have y'all tried that one out?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Joysticks are cool and nostalgic, but I use an aftermarket controller. Just way more comfortable.