Have you played ATARI today!!!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Have you played ATARI today!!!

Post by stickem »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Joysticks are cool and nostalgic, but I use an aftermarket controller. Just way more comfortable.

Same, never was a joystick fan. I stick to those modded nes controllers for my 2600, 7800, and colecovision.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Watched a review video recently about the Hyperkin Ranger Joystick & Paddle. It seems really good, and it think it's awesome looking, tho I haven't gotten around to buying one for myself yet. My favorite vintage 3rd party joystick is the Wico Command Control bat-type with the top button. I actually use a home-made controller built out of a cheap clone NES controller more often than any others now that I made it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I like the Genesis controller for a quick replacement. I prefer the joystick. More "authentic" I suppose.

One thing I've started doing is taping a piece of paper on the back of my carts to keep up with my scores. I used to take photos but then I'd lose track of the pictures. Much easier this way. It's really satisfying to be able to strike through and write down a new score.

Playing Asteroids and Dragonfire lately.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

opa wrote:One thing I've started doing is taping a piece of paper on the back of my carts to keep up with my scores. I used to take photos but then I'd lose track of the pictures. Much easier this way. It's really satisfying to be able to strike through and write down a new score.

I'm interested in getting a PlusCart, a new multi-cart that connects to the internet (!) and automatically uploads high scores to a website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_q3CGxwC2g
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Finally got the email from audacity that my copy of circus convoy will be shipped today. Looking forward to playing this.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

That plus cart looks cool.

What is circus convoy?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

opa wrote:That plus cart looks cool.

What is circus convoy?

A new 2600 game from some the old guys from Activision, now called Audacity games. YouTube some gameplay.

You mentioned tapping high scores on the cart, this game had as a qr code at the end of the game that you scan that goes back to their servers with your score.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

A little plug here for an Atari 2600 writing project we've started on.
If you're interested in contributing a bit, just let me know
viewtopic.php?uid=2&f=6&t=53533&start=0
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Circus Convoy is legit dudes.

One of the best things about it: easily accessible and readable inventory screens, which was something developers had a huge issue with (to put it lightly) back in the old Atari days.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I finally found a copy of Mrs Pac-Man with a decent label. Such an improvement over the original Pac-man's translation to the console.