Board Games: The Thread (Come say hi!)

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Board Games: The Thread (Come say hi!)

Post by fastbilly1 »

I would love a modern version of Heroquest, but I fear it wont have the plastic bits due to production cost.

Gaming for us recently has been alot of Unmatched - think Star Wars Epic Duels but streamlined (any game that lets Bruce Lee fight Raptors is good by me). And some Frostgrave or TFT. I started experimenting with a new way of making modular walls for minis wargaming, so I have been toying around with that with light skirmish matches.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

The last board game night I had was in February. I think I have played a little Azul and Forbidden Desert with the kids since then but that is it. Someone got me Above and Below for my birthday and haven't been able to play it yet. I'm really missing my monthly board game night. Maybe I should try out the single player version of Scythe sometime.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ive always found it hard to get people to play board games with. And even when you do, there's always that one person that loses interest halfway in and just sucks the fun out of it.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I have a group of people that I invite via email. I know most of them from work. Some come regularly and some rarely come. I usually have enough people over to have two games running concurrently. I started with a small group that I knew would be super into it and expanded from there. I occasionally get a person that loses interest but they usually just find someone to socialize with and the games continue. It hasn't been a big deal for me.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

bmoc wrote:The last board game night I had was in February. I think I have played a little Azul and Forbidden Desert with the kids since then but that is it. Someone got me Above and Below for my birthday and haven't been able to play it yet. I'm really missing my monthly board game night. Maybe I should try out the single player version of Scythe sometime.

Maaaan, I really want to play Above and Below. That has been on my Want To Play list for quite a while.

I have a friend that I play board games with every Friday and that is really the only time I play board games. We have a rotating cast of people we know that sometimes shows up here and there, but mostly its just the two of us.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

https://boardgamearena.com/welcome

So, I recently discovered Board Game Arena.

It is a website where you can play Board Games with people all across the world on your Browser. All you have to do is sign up for an account and you can join in on a game.

Obviously, they don't have all the games ever made. However, there list is pretty extensive reaching from party games to heavy strategy games. It currently has 259 games on the site and they are adding new ones every day in December. Here is an overall list: https://boardgamearena.com/gamelist?section=all.

If you are stuck at home and can't play board games or if you have never played them and want to give them a try, this is an excellent source!!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

We are still playing alot of Unmatched and Catacombs Conquest. Though I feel that once the cold weather really hits we will probably break out Memoir 44 and play through WW2.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Candyland. Oh god, Candyland.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.