Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
opa
128-bit

Re: Atari 2600: what are the best 2-player games?

by opa Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:21 am

The leaves are changing and that means it's time to dust off the Atari. I think this year I'm actually going to get a copy of Combat.

I did see a copy of Frogs and Flies a week ago but it was completely trashed. Granted, Atari games are built like tanks but I don't want to chance it for a crap condition copy.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:53 am

opa wrote:The leaves are changing and that means it's time to dust off the Atari. I think this year I'm actually going to get a copy of Combat.

I did see a copy of Frogs and Flies a week ago but it was completely trashed. Granted, Atari games are built like tanks but I don't want to chance it for a crap condition copy.

You missed it in my sale thread a while back.

You should also check out the AtariAge thread, which has some good stuff. Are you just looking for co-op or turn-based, too? The latter will add a bunch more.

While I generally only play these 1 player, they're all listed as 2-player on RFGen (ignoring the ones mentioned so far):

Demon Attack
Kaboom
Missile Command (you can get the Trakball version from AtariAge)
River Raid
Seaquest
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
Towering Inferno
Yars Revenge

Don't neglect AtariAge homebrews and hacks! https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l= ... _list&c=21

Do you have a 7800 or just play them on a 2600?
opa
128-bit

by opa Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:31 am

Thanks for the links/info. I wouldn't mind more cooperative games. I'll have to look into that. I play on a 2600 (woodgrain). I've never played a 7800 although I hear they're pretty great to have what with the backwards compatibility.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 am

opa wrote:Despite seeing 12,000 copies of Combat I neglected to grab one. I don't know why but I thought I already had it.

Follow up time!

I was out shopping yesterday and popped in a game store real quick. They had a storage container full of nothing but Combat cartridges. I grabbed the best looking one and went on my way. I now finally own one of the 1 billion carts out there. lol
Return to Other Platforms