Discussion of game backup, reproduction, burning, and ripping. Covers ROM backup, cartridge reproduction, optical disc ripping, burning, and storage. Focus on archival purposes and not deceptive selling.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: [GUIDE/INFO] Flash Carts, ODE, and more!

by Jagosaurus Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:47 pm

So I have a DS Lite I'm looking to get a R4 Card to run DS ROMs. What's the best R4 for the Lite? Any compatibility issues on DS games? I won't be running on a 3DS.

Not a whole of interest in running R4 hypervisor there for GBA outside of fun. Understand limited compatibility there.

I see Krizz carts for GBA. Any1 try or hear much from Omega EZ Flash (Amazon link below)? Looking for something to use in GBA slot as well 8)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCKW4CF/re ... X58RDQ048Z

My Retro Achievements Profile - RetroArch
My RB Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:11 am

AFAICT all the really well made (if you could call them that) DS flashcarts are no longer being manufactured. From what I read now, there are some options, tho none like the Supercard DSTwo, or the M3 Real DS Perfect bundle.
Best bet seems to be a "R4i SDHC Gold Pro" (2020) - a clone of the last real model from the original manufacturers who disappeared a while ago. They all(?) come with a timebomb that will cause them to fail 2 years after they shipped, but flashing a non-stock firmware can fix that. It's the main topic over on r/flashcarts https://www.reddit.com/r/flashcarts/
If you can get ahold of a Slot 2 device (mine is from an EZ Flash 3-in-1), the DS can play all(?) the GBA games off your DS flashcart by loading them into the Slot2' card and booting into GBA mode.
Looking at the features and reviews, the EZ Flash Omega is an impressive cart that is as good as the Everdrive, tho maybe not quite as well built quality-wise. I've been tempted to buy it and the junior for a while, tho they'd just be shoved into spare GBA and DMGs.
[●_●][●_●][●_●] NO REFUGE ■
[●_●][●_●][ᗒᗜᗕ] BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:09 am

Jagosaurus wrote:So I have a DS Lite I'm looking to get a R4 Card to run DS ROMs. What's the best R4 for the Lite? Any compatibility issues on DS games? I won't be running on a 3DS.

Not a whole of interest in running R4 hypervisor there for GBA outside of fun. Understand limited compatibility there.

I see Krizz carts for GBA. Any1 try or hear much from Omega EZ Flash (Amazon link below)? Looking for something to use in GBA slot as well 8)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCKW4CF/re ... X58RDQ048Z

I use R4 Gold and have never had an issue with it. Works great for me. I don't remember what site I bought from, but this is what I have. Definitely get a GBA Everdrive for GBA stuff. I bought all of my Everdrives from StoneAgeGamer.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to Archiving & Repro - Game Media