Discussion of game backup, reproduction, burning, and ripping. Covers ROM backup, cartridge reproduction, optical disc ripping, burning, and storage. Focus on archival purposes and not deceptive selling.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: [GUIDE/INFO] Flash Carts, ODE, and more!

by bmoc Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:04 pm

bmoc wrote:The Satiator got a new firmware update recently. X-Men Children of the Atom and X-Men vs Street Fighter are both working on firmware 153 along with some Sega Ages games that weren't working previously. Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter still crashes but a fix is in the works according to the changelog at https://info.satiator.net/firmware/

For what it's worth, the Satiator finally supports Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter as of firmware 160 which was released towards the end of October. I just updated my Satiator and gave it a whirl. I had no issues.

The old google doc of compatible games is quite out of date. I don't think it has been updated since 2020. Some Googling turned up a GitHub issue tracker that seems to be the current place to track and report incompatibilities. https://github.com/satiator/compatibility/issues The remaining issues for the most part seem minor or they only affect a small subset of Saturn models.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:47 pm

New Nintendo Switch cartridge backup unit and flash cart: Mig Switch
some more information @ GBATemp

I'd be a little concerned that an upcoming firmware update would be able to detect it somehow, and ban your account/switch unit, but I still want one. Seems sorta like that Sky3DS flashcart.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:58 am

I'm still a newb to this stuff, so I'm curious as to what the advantages of a Switch flash cart are over a hacked, unpatched Switch or a mod chipped oled model. Some people are acting like the Switch just became hackable for the first time.
lwcook
128-bit

by lwcook Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:08 am

The biggest advantage of a flash cart is the lower technical barrier of entry, especially on the newer patched models. For a lot of people that don't want to mess with CFW and/or mod chips, it really is the first solution to hack their Switch so I'm not surprised.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:23 am

Just watched MVG's video on the upcoming Mig Switch, and it looks like it won't be useful to pirates; Each game cartridge has a unique serial code. Any game found in the wild in the Mig Switch's proprietary format would get the console banned for having used a blacklisted game serial.
Also interesting that it might be associated with Team Xecuter, and Gary Bowser.
I still want one. It's so cool. I wanna lend my games out while I don't play games, and keep my carts safe.
IDK about the outer wrap plastic. I'll rip and tear to share!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:05 am

The flash cart and ODE scene has gone crazy :lol: now we have this ...

https://www.tindie.com/products/partlyh ... opy-drive/

Really cool to see niche systems being supported 8)

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Return to Archiving & Repro - Game Media