Do you guys still have Arcades around you?

Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Do you guys still have Arcades around you?

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

IrishNinja wrote:considering Miami's classic gaming scene is quite lacking, i'm lucky to have such an awesome arcade not too far off (which i need to hit up more often!), Arcade Odyssey - http://www.arcadeodyssey.com/

the owner's a big time collector & great guy, ive had a chance to play all kinds've rare/japanese ones i'd never have played otherwise. i was so bummed the other year when they tried a Typing of the Dead halloween contest & not enough people signed up :(

I was gonna say, just strap a Dreamcast to your back and have a little portable keyboard table and you are good to go!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

ahahaha...think i just got a good costume idea for next halloween
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

We have 2 arcades in town, so I decided to go on a hunt for some shmup action. After finding precisely Zero shmups at these arcades, I continued my search, and eventually came across:

Pizza Hut (Big Red with Blazing Star, absolute shit stick, button 2 does not work)

Random 24-hour laundromat (Big Red with Strikers 1945. Sound is blown and is very low, so they cranked it to max volume. It occasionally cuts back in and makes me crap myself. Luckily, I'm already at a laundromat)

Shmup lyfe
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
Random 24-hour laundromat (Big Red with Strikers 1945. Sound is blown and is very low, so they cranked it to max volume. It occasionally cuts back in and makes me crap myself. Luckily, I'm already at a laundromat)

Shmup lyfe

Bravo good sir...Bravo!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:there is a small arcade in the mall near me. When I was younger, it was a large arcade. But eventually they put a food court in and moved the arcade to a smaller storefront. Once in a while I'll still stop in there and spend a buck or so if my wife is trying on clothes in another store. They have a handful of cool games - MVC2 being one of them.

I stopped in there today when my wife was trying on jeans.

ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

hmm interesting looks like they replaced the old CRT monitors in them for flatscreens
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

ninjainspandex wrote:hmm interesting looks like they replaced the old CRT monitors in them for flatscreens

As far as I know, the Sega sitdown cabs were flatscreens to begin with, were they not? See Confidential Mission and Lost World Jurassic Park deluxe cabs, also The Ocean Hunter.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

pretty sure that Marvel vs Capcom in a big blue was not originally a flat screen
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Pinball Pete's, one of the biggest arcade's around me recently was flooded and may never recover, so that is a huge bummer for me.

Seriously??? Ann Arbor or Lansing???

Edit: aw crap, Ann Arbor http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... petes.html
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Man , I just went to my local Tilt yesterday (50 miles away) while being drug to the mall. I hate the technician there to begin with, but he was not there so I decided to play a quick game of Tekken 5 and the cab had the most worn out sticks ever and a kick button did not even work. This just made me even madder at the guy (I could have a few stories there some time).

I could not bring my self to spend $1 on HotD3 considering how their Lost World was when they had it. They have had very cool games over the years but they never work right. :x
Last edited by bryan_65 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.