Fix it Felix Replica Arcade updated 12/2014

Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Fix it Felix Replica Arcade

Post by jay_red »

nlightnd1 wrote:I don't mean to ask this if it's rude but could you share the layout for the control panel? I plan on making something almost exactly like this and it would be absolutely perfect.

Thanks,
Andy

No problem, once I get back in town this weekend I can shoot it over, I can give you the psd so you can adjust it if you need to.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
nlightnd1

Re: Fix it Felix Replica Arcade

Post by nlightnd1 »

jay_red wrote:
nlightnd1 wrote:I don't mean to ask this if it's rude but could you share the layout for the control panel? I plan on making something almost exactly like this and it would be absolutely perfect.

Thanks,
Andy

No problem, once I get back in town this weekend I can shoot it over, I can give you the psd so you can adjust it if you need to.

That's very cool, thank you!
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Fix it Felix Replica Arcade updated 12/2014

Post by jay_red »

Bump, updated first post with a lot of info, cab has gone through some pretty nice changes.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

jay_red wrote:I realized what my cab was in dire need of, a Bezel with artwork, and light up marquee!

I designed a Bezel that would work with my larger monitor, and got a marquee printed on backlit film. I still need to order the proper brackets, but my Home Depot DIY holds it all in place at the moment. I also finally have a coin door after 3 years, it needs a bit of work, but I only paid shipping cost on it so I can't complain.

Camera could not pick up the marquee lit up very well: <See OP>

So there it is, this poor cab's journey to become something I can be proud to say I made. I skipped over a bunch of stuff, but if you have any questions about what I did, feel free to ask!

That Bezel looks sweet! Before you ditched the PC did you ever try the Fix It Felix "emulated" game in your Arcade? I remember reading something about a Xbox DOS EMU, not sure about Windows though. Perhaps Fex It Felix EMU could be tailored to run on the Xbox?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

I actually found a homebrew fix it Felix rom for the Genesis, which runs just fine on the Xbox, you can see in the last pic that's what I have loaded up.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

jay_red wrote:I actually found a homebrew fix it Felix rom for the Genesis, which runs just fine on the Xbox, you can see in the last pic that's what I have loaded up.

:oops: Focused on that beautiful Bezel, did not even notice the game running. :lol:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425