Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants arcade game coming to PC/Consoles

by Raging Justice Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:44 am

Just recently learned of this thing's existence. It looks fun and everything I've seen online regarding the game seems to be positive. It makes me sad that there is no rom or console version of this. I think it's possible to buy the actual cabinet, but it doesn't come cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCgjqBhAo44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jYMUnml82s

Last edited by Raging Justice on Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: The Third Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Arcade Game (2017)

by racketboy Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 pm

My family and I have enjoyed it quite a bit over the years. Only complaint is that is feels like it's most of a "quarter eater" than most. (but I'm not sure if there are difficulty settings).

At our local place, where they do plastic cards for both game credits and reward tickets, it's really cool that this TMNT game actually supports giving tickets based on gameplay performance -- and actually pretty decent amount of tickets if you're a good player. It's so refreshing when most classic "video games" don't get ticket-minded kids any reward for playing. My kids to enjoy typical video games, but its easy for them to get sucked into the ticket mentality so they can "buy" things :)

Anyway, the game itself has always made a good impression on me -- has good production value and lives up to the legacy surprisingly well.
I would love to see a port / ROM of it surface someday, but I'm guessing it may be a while -- maybe once the game is less prominent in modern arcade settings.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:09 pm

There is a small bar/arcade down in Ocean Isle Beach that has/had that game.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Calling this a classic is ridiculous, but I'm thrilled that this is happening. They are doing it right too, the same way Konami did the ports of the other arcade TMNT games, with extra levels and bosses thrown in to make them BETTER than the arcade versions.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants arcade game coming to PC/Cons

by Raging Justice Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:24 pm

Updated thread title
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants arcade game coming to PC/Cons

by Jagosaurus Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:04 pm

Have played this one a decent amount with my son at the local pizza arcade joint. Pretty fun.

We'll have to pick it up on Xbox at the 30 bucks price point. Good to hear they're adding content bc we usually make it past stage 3 fairly quick.

We enjoyed beating TMNT Shredders Revenge as a family & both kiddos watched this entire newer "cartoon" series this one is based on together.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Return to Arcade