If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
ColecoVisionist
8-bit

NES Omnibus Vol. 2 Now on Kickstarter!

by ColecoVisionist Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 pm

The NES Omnibus: The Nintendo Entertainment System and Its Games, Volume 2 (M-Z) is NOW ON KICKSTARTER!

Check it out here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/br ... %20omnibus

Featuring an awesome foreword by filmmaker Rob McCallum (Nintendo Quest), The NES Omnibus Vol. 2 (M-Z) completes the two-volume set begun with The NES Omnibus Vol 1 (A-L).

Like the first volume, this one will be well over 400 pages and feature more than 2,000 full-color photos. It will consist of more than 235,000 words and boast the writing of numerous industry pros and personalities who tell their nostalgic stories (some funny, some poignant, all memorable) of playing games on the classic Nintendo console.

Featured contributing story writers include Chris "The Irate Gamer" Bores, "8-Bit" Eric Perez, John "Gamester81" Lester, "The Immortal" John Hancock, David Warhol (legendary Intellivision programmer), Steve Woita (noted Atari, Genesis, and PS1 programmer), Sean Tiedeman (director of The King of the Arcades), Greg Sewart (former Previews and Reviews Editor for Electronic Gaming Monthly), Shane Stein (the Executive Producer of The Game Chasers Movie), Patrick Hickey Jr. (voice actor and author of The Minds Behind the Games series), and Ken Horowitz (author of The Sega Arcade Revolution and Playing at the Next Level), among many other content creators.

This book takes a detailed look at EVERY U.S. release for the NES from M to Z, and each of the more than 350 games featured gets at least one full page of text and images, including gameplay synopses, history, reviews, box art, screenshots, release data, developer and publisher info, and quotes from vintage magazines. There are colorful ads from various classic magazines, and there are bonus chapters on specific aspects of the NES, as well as info on PAL, HES, and oddball miscellaneous releases. Plus, I share my memories of playing many of the games. I got my NES for Christmas in 1987 and have been playing it on a regular basis ever since!

While every game in the main section of the book is guaranteed at least one full page of coverage, a bunch of the more popular games, such as Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Zelda II, get two pages! And Super Mario Bros. is spread out over FOUR beautiful pages! Plus, the book will have a stunning centerfold featuring all your favorite NES characters by Old School Gamer Magazine illustrator Thor Thorvaldson. This is a big, durable, beautifully bound book with professional production values.
Thanks for your support!
Attachments
nes2stars22.jpg
nes2stars22.jpg (399.96 KiB) Viewed 21221 times
Return to Creator's Corner