Guide Requests

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Guide Requests

Post by noiseredux »

Since there's been a few questions about these sorts of articles, I should probably just tell you guys that Racket asked me to be a RB writer a little while ago. Which means the GB/GBC/GBA should be well-represented. In fact I just finished up a rather lengthy piece for the site last week. :)
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

noiseredux wrote:Since there's been a few questions about these sorts of articles, I should probably just tell you guys that Racket asked me to be a RB writer a little while ago. Which means the GB/GBC/GBA should be well-represented. In fact I just finished up a rather lengthy piece for the site last week. :)

Time to right some wrongs out there in the journalism world
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
markeconrad
24-bit

Post by markeconrad »

Anyone know of any guides on games and their original packaging? I'd like to see a guide that includes everything packed in with a game. Cardboard inserts, ads, dust sleeves, whatever.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Any chance for an idiot-proof guide for how to softmod and pimp out an oXbox?
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

dsheinem wrote:Any chance for an idiot-proof guide for how to softmod and pimp out an oXbox?

As someone who never owned an oXbox and doesn't really now much about them, I would also really enjoy seeing this guide come to fruition. It would certainly pique my interest in the console, as the actual library doesn't speak to my tastes all that much (aside from a few).
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

markeconrad wrote:Anyone know of any guides on games and their original packaging? I'd like to see a guide that includes everything packed in with a game. Cardboard inserts, ads, dust sleeves, whatever.

That can vary greatly from game to game. Each game would have to have it's own guide, spanning multiple consoles if it was multiplatform. A guide that included any large number of games would most likely a colossal effort. It would take a whole separate website, on the scale of something like mobygames.com, to do something like that.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Is there a "how to properly back-up disc based games" guide? I've searched and couldn't find one. (I really thought I saw one a week or so ago...)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Opa Opa wrote:Is there a "how to properly back-up disc based games" guide? I've searched and couldn't find one. (I really thought I saw one a week or so ago...)

Ziggy wrote one in the Guides Section: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23524
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

CRTGAMER wrote:Ziggy wrote one in the Guides Section: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23524

From the guide:
This tutorial will not be covering how to obtain game images. This tutorial will not be covering how to play burned games on your system. You are on your own in that department. So, after you have downloaded your game image….

---
I'm asking is there a guide on how to make an .iso file from your own games.

Or am I asking for something that resides in that Legal Gray Area?

edit: Never mind. Figured out how to do it myself.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I've got another project in the works right now but does anyone want a guide for PSX2PSP?