Doom (2016) .. how far to go?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Doom (2016) .. how far to go?

Post by fuctfuct »

I got back to Mars and just met the super friendly "charging pig/bull like guys" (lol) a few mins ago. Do i have much longer to go? I just got a trophy for glory killing all main enemys. I don't normally play games like this. Just wanted to check it out (got it new for 11 CAD shipped on eBay). This game is just WAY too tense for me, lol. I can feel my entire body get tense/stiff as it tries to get as far away from the monitor as possible while i'm playing. I'd love to set up a camera and see the look on my face. I would like to finish it if i am at least semi close to the end, though.

Put it on easy? Hate doing this.

No major spoilers please... :)
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Doom (2016) .. how far to go?

Post by CFFJR »

You're just past the halfway point.

It is tense (one of the things I love about it) but if you're having fun with it at all, I'd say push through and finish it. It is well worth it and the upcoming levels are really cool.

Maybe just do one level at a time, pace it out?
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Dang, only half way. :) I am having fun, sort of! Haha. I think i'll take a break for a few days. Back to trying to beat Sniper Wolf for today i guess (I don't remember her being as much of a problem when i played in the PS1 days, lol).
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Got the BFG, haha.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

fuctfuct wrote:This game is just WAY too tense for me, lol. I can feel my entire body get tense/stiff as it tries to get as far away from the monitor as possible while i'm playing. I'd love to set up a camera and see the look on my face.

It's definitely tense gameplay. I played it for the first time back in May of this year, and posted my thoughts here. One of my major complaints was that after a while the gameplay just felt kind of repetitive.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Ziggy587 wrote:
fuctfuct wrote:This game is just WAY too tense for me, lol. I can feel my entire body get tense/stiff as it tries to get as far away from the monitor as possible while i'm playing. I'd love to set up a camera and see the look on my face.

It's definitely tense gameplay. I played it for the first time back in May of this year, and posted my thoughts here. One of my major complaints was that after a while the gameplay just felt kind of repetitive.

Yeah, I think the refinements made to the gameplay loop in Doom Eternal really make that game feel less like a series of repetitive arenas, but it's also a much more active and difficult game. If Doom 2016 is tense, Doom Eternal is a psychotic break. :lol:
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Heh, yea.. I'll likely never play Eternal. Probably watch a "lets play" :D

Edit.. Which I probably could have done, instead of posting here, to see how long i had to go. lol.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I wont play Eternal unless they remove the DRM and 3rd party login requirement.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I'd probably be okay in that regard. I prefer FPS games on consoles :O

(playing 2016 on PS4)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've read that id removed the DRM, but the Steam page still lists the DRM on the store page.