RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite music/rhythm games

by pierrot Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:You now have multi-note hits that are brutal to read, and combined with hold notes make getting high scores insane[...].

Ah, yeah. Now I remember the fiendishness of the arcade machine. I stepped up to and, seeing the the four buttons and was thinking, 'Only four buttons! Pfft-- whatever.' I got pretty demoralized after two or three attempts. Can't remember what difficulty I had to back it down to to actually clear stuff.

dunpeal2064 wrote:And yeah, I totally get not really digging Miku, I tend to expect people to not like it, and am just pleasantly surprised when they do. I think Future Tone has diverse enough songs that you may find a few that surprise you, though.

I'm not really a Miku fan, but I do dig some of the music in the PSP games. Extend's tracklist especially: "Rolling Girls," "Puzzle," "spica...," "Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro," "Ura Omote Lovers," "Iroha Uta," "Roshin Yuukai," for example. For the most part, I wouldn't really listen to them outside of the game, though.

--

I tried out Jukebeat recently (I kinda prefer calling it 'Yuu-beat,' though). It's kind of cool, but I don't think I enjoy it enough to pump tons of money into it for more songs. I don't really like how it mainly requires memorization, with little to no indication beforehand of which tile(s) to hit next, and visually, it's nearly impossible for me to see the staccato rhythms. (I just went through the different marker types, after realizing that I don't have to pay for them, and it looks like there are some better options than the default, at least.)
Return to Other Genres