RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
marurun

Re: The DOOM Thread

by marurun Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:02 am

RCBH928 wrote:Now if I only knew this earlier on. I thought logic demands 2 barrels are more powerful than 1 barrel.

How do you guys know this stuff? do you read it in the manuals? I would never know that 2 barrels spread wider than 1 barrel.

When you shoot an enemy or a wall, there are little smoke marks to indicate where the pellets "hit" the enemy or wall. You can see when shooting at a distance that the super shotty has a much wider spray.

The super shotty does almost 3x the damage of the regular shotty, but the fire rate is half and ammo consumption is double. You get more damage per ammo and per second, but that spread means it's more useful up-close or on a large crowd at range. Also, even though the damage over time is better than the regular shotty, that delay between shots can leave you open. What that means is when you're at range or dealing with weaker enemies, the regular shotty is a more reliable weapon that doesn't leave you as open to attack.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:07 pm

This will be helpful as I start TNT
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:31 pm

I seriously doubt any one can complete the Go 2 it episode in 1 go.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 pm

This Brutal Doom mod is pretty cool, makes me think maybe I want to replay DOOM with it and I never replay a game. Shotgun feels like firing a canon :lol: Any other fun mods like that?

the crawling Revenant is pretty impressive
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:34 am

Doom TNT is turning out to be complete snoozefest , I am not sure if I over dosed with Doom or its the effect of playing vanilla doom after Brutal Doom made it feel like a pg game.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Looks like I am having early signs of Alzheime . I was ready to start Sigil after finishing TNT, but some minutes in I realised I played this before. I only have the master levels left, any recommendations on the master levels? Also how can I play master levels with Brutal Doom? I read online I have to combine the wads but I just dont know how to do that. Also requires Slade, an app that is Windows only(am on mac)

EDIT:-

So reading online I found a way to edit the zdoom.ini file and add a path to Going Down wad , then I launch brutal doom and it works although I get on the menu to choose Hell on Earth (and there is deathmath not sure what that is) but Going Down is the one that launches. Great map, this one feels more tactical than run and gun, like MGS a bit. Tough as nails. Brutal Doom is so good its worth paying for. One thing I noticed dragging and dropping Going Down WAD file on GZDoom app works but the other master levels did not work.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Brutal Doom + Going Down is one of the most intense gameplay I had in my life, probably the most. I really believe some levels are near undoable. Had to degrade to lowest difficulty and still pretty tough.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:00 pm

I have mac so I couldn't do the combined wads for the master levels, I found a precompiled one on the internet called master.wad. I thought you can pick from a list but seems like its a big mash of all of them together. This is the first level, can anyone point out if I am on the right path?

Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:50 am

John Romero released a new map for DOOM II, it's 5 Euros and 100% of the proceeds go to help the Ukraine.

https://romero.com/shop/p/onehumanity
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:34 pm

god... I just deleted my DOOM installation after I completed everything
Return to Other Genres