Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by noiseredux »

I can stop playing Overwatch any time. Really. I just need a couple of matches to take the edge off before bed is all.

Everyone's raving about D.Va's new cat costume, but I'm too happy with her New England Uprising one. :D

Been playing as Sombra a lot this past week to mix things up. I'm starting to really really like her. I need to get a better handle on using her teleporter ability more effectively though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've realized that if I could stop playing Overwatch then I could probably play a lot more other games.

But.

Last night I started using Junkrat. My first match with him resulted in a 15 kill streak. :|
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Spam those nades.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I was trying out Brigitte on the PTR, and I think she's going to be my new go-to support. She's got a really fun and active playstyle.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

She seems really cool. I'm excited.

Ive been trying to really mix up my picks lately. Junkrat, Reaper, Tracer, Moira... Really trying to get comfortable with a wider variety outside my favorites.

No matter what I'm playing I still try to squeeze in a few matches each night. This has been going on since the Halloween event for me.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so Brigitte's in the game now.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:so Brigitte's in the game now.

And I've yet to try her because every match everyone scrambles to pick her first. :?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so Brigitte's in the game now.

And I've yet to try her because every match everyone scrambles to pick her first. :?

It's alright, give it a few weeks and no-one will ever pick her because she's a support hero.

That's what I did with Moira, and I almost never struggle to play as her now, which is good as she's one of my 2 most played heroes this season.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

you're 100% right. I was actually thinking the same thing last night. Like, "really guys? Most nights I'm stuck playing a support because nobody ever wants to..." haha.

Speaking of, Zenyatta is my chosen Support these days. I like Moira, but I feel way more comfortable with Zen.

I'm also really into Tracer lately. I just find the approach of like buzzing around picking off health and being annoying really fun. I also feel like once it occurred to me that Tracer can totally work as just a distraction for the other team at times as well.

I've been working on Widowmaker as well, but I'm not great with her yet. I think it's a matter of (A) finding good spots to keep her safe, and (B) remembering to move from those spots often enough that I don't paint a big SHOOT ME sign on myself. I did get 9 kills with her in a match last night which isn't amazing or anything but still felt good as I'm making some progress with her. (Also I saved up gold and bought her that awesome Nova skin).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:you're 100% right. I was actually thinking the same thing last night. Like, "really guys? Most nights I'm stuck playing a support because nobody ever wants to..." haha.

Speaking of, Zenyatta is my chosen Support these days. I like Moira, but I feel way more comfortable with Zen.

I'm also really into Tracer lately. I just find the approach of like buzzing around picking off health and being annoying really fun. I also feel like once it occurred to me that Tracer can totally work as just a distraction for the other team at times as well.

I've been working on Widowmaker as well, but I'm not great with her yet. I think it's a matter of (A) finding good spots to keep her safe, and (B) remembering to move from those spots often enough that I don't paint a big SHOOT ME sign on myself. I did get 9 kills with her in a match last night which isn't amazing or anything but still felt good as I'm making some progress with her. (Also I saved up gold and bought her that awesome Nova skin).

Tracer is the character I first got into when I played the game, but nowadays I mostly play support. My most played DPS these days is probably Pharah, but I'm starting to think that Junkrat is often more effective. I still like Tracer, but I#'m well out of practice, and I really wish I was any good as Sombra, but I'm not.

My most played Tank is D.Va. I don't mind Roadhog or Orisa either, but I wouldn't say I'm any good of them. It's probably my weakest category outside of D.Va to be honest, I prefer to fill support or DPS over tanks.

I mainly play Symmetra and Moira, but I love playing as Ana too. I'm far far less effective as Ana than Moira though. I'll fill a Mercy when needed, and I like Zen despite being hit and miss on him.

My weakest suppoirt by far is Lucio. I just cannot play him, and I don't enjoy trying either.