RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by Xeogred Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

This thing is pure luck but I'm pretty sure the enemy order is set, it just depends on how lucky you get with the enemy AI. Some runs you can get really far and some runs not at all. The mode is in a dinky gas station and you get surrounded easily. Once you hit wave 75 things really hit the fan. It's best to drop the zombies with gas tanks so the gas tank drops in that spot, thus you can shoot the gas tank later on when a mob is around it. No item pickups disappear or get destroyed. You get two rockets to use but you seriously better save them for waves 75-100 or good luck. I heard that shooting the middle of the ceiling does the most AOE damage with the rockets (RE2 doesn't have self-damage so no worries on hurting yourself either haha). The free DLC scenarios even introduced some new enemy types that weren't even in the main game but they're in this survival mode too. Some kind of regenerating zombies (similar to the RE4 ones in a way), that only die if you deal damage fast enough, flamethrower or the spark shot are good for them.

Worth noting, the "achievement" is an in-game achievement, not a system one. You get a normal achievement / silver trophy for finishing the mode on Normal.

RE2 has loads of in game achievements and "records". I unlocked everything until I gave up on the Tofu characters for the 4th Survivor / Hunk scenarios haha. It's pretty much surviving the same level, starting from the sewers and having to make way through them and the police station in a set path all in one run. Hunk and all the various different Tofu characters have different item loadouts. One even only has Knives, but that one actually wasn't too hard for me. Knives in RE2R work like they did in REmake 1, when an enemy grabs you you can use them to get out of the grab and take no damage.
Ack

by Ack Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 pm

So it's a classic Tofu run, nice.

Come on, Xeogred you got this. I believe you can handle 100 waves. Do it, champ. You da real MVP.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Ack wrote:So it's a classic Tofu run, nice.

Come on, Xeogred you got this. I believe you can handle 100 waves. Do it, champ. You da real MVP.

Already did heh: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8671-r ... -2/Xeogred 8)

Just stressing for others it's a toughy. ;)

After 9 campaign runs and the platinum, two more trophies for the free DLC's, I'm finally ready to put RE2R up on the shelf for awhile! I'll have to return to it someday to try and 100% the rest of the in game unlocks, mainly just artwork left and some Tofu runs. Going to be tough to beat this one for my GOTY pick.

(I did Leon A hardcore a second time for the S+).

DMC5 comes out in 10 days!
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:17 am

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 am

so the Switch RE games are coming out in May. No idea what Capcom is thinking. RE4 is going to be eShop only. The Origins collection (RE0 & RE1) is getting a physical release... for $60... and only RE0 is on the cart, with RE1 being a download. Wow.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:10 pm

They're thinking that most customers aren't afraid of digital downloads.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 pm

MrPopo wrote:They're thinking that most customers aren't afraid of digital downloads.

But I mean... you don't think $60 is a lot considering the collection is like $20 on other platforms? I could see if both games were on cart (larger cartridge cost) or it had two cartridges in the package. And I know there's a mark-up for the cart instead of disc, and that it's technically a new release. It just seems like the other Capcom re-releases on Switch were $30-$40. I wasn't expecting $60.

I'm also not "afraid" of digital downloads. But this is a physical release. It's weird to me that they're doing this "half-physical" thing as an alternative to digital.
Ack

by Ack Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Are there any additions you know of, noise? Maybe there's something else being included that previous releases didn't get.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Ack wrote:Are there any additions you know of, noise? Maybe there's something else being included that previous releases didn't get.

As far as I'm aware, these are the same HD remasters that Steam/Xbox One/PS4 has had for several years.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm

If you don't already have those consoles then $60 is much cheaper than $200-300 + $20.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to Other Genres