Console FPS w/ Offline Multiplayer Bots Games List.

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Console FPS w/ Offline Multiplayer Bots Games List.

Post by TEKTORO »

Wonder if you can make maps in forge with bots?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

TEKTORO wrote:Wonder if you can make maps in forge with bots?

No forge yet on Infinite.

Big point of contingent in the Halo community lol. I see the potential though.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Confirmed Halo Infinite supports bots in custom game mode, offline.

Server can be in either XBL or local offline mode. Lots of options such as bot difficulty, bot counts on which teams, sandbox edits, etc.

Actually had a lot of fun testing... playing 2 bots vs me, Spartan difficulty, BR starts, on Live Fire map.

This is different that the bot boot camp or academy training vs modes. For sure bot bootcamp requires XBL as it's part of match making.

christianbethel
8-bit

Post by christianbethel »

Jagosaurus wrote:Fairly certain you can set up custom games (outside of online matchmaking bots) with bots in Halo Infinite.

I can test later... but seem to remember doing it.

Yes, Halo Infinite is on my list. However, you can only add eight bots to a game in total, and they can't use vehicles/emplacements. I'd wait until 343 addresses this issue before playing with the bots in Infinite.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I play mostly arena style 4v4. You could do you + 3 bots vs 4 bots. Even 3v3v3 which is a long time fan favorite.

You turn off vehicles in options. Also, no vehicles to start with on some of the arena maps such as Live Fire, Recharge, Aquaris, and Streets.

I'd say above + all the options makes it pretty robust compared to others on OP list.

Will only get better over time. BTB players wanting 16v16 bots may not ever get it though.

Edit: grammar, spelling, more coffee needed

christianbethel
8-bit

Fingers crossed!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

They could address those issues easily. I’m gonna get Halo I think now, reach was the last and I loved it up till then. Call of Duty Ghost XB1, Unreal Championship and Timesplitters Future Perfect are my top 3 games with bots. Ghost is just solid with great map variety and cool level dynamics, Unreal Championship has beautifully programmed A.I. and that classic fast paced frag fest feel, timesplitters FP has it all the options are endless and there’s a level editor.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
christianbethel
8-bit

TEKTORO wrote:They could address those issues easily. I’m gonna get Halo I think now, reach was the last and I loved it up till then. Call of Duty Ghost XB1, Unreal Championship and Timesplitters Future Perfect are my top 3 games with bots. Ghost is just solid with great map variety and cool level dynamics, Unreal Championship has beautifully programmed A.I. and that classic fast paced frag fest feel, timesplitters FP has it all the options are endless and there’s a level editor.

Unreal Tournament III and the original Battlefront games let you give orders to your AI teammates, so that's a definite win.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

In Infinite, you can press the up area on d-pad to tag enemies. I feel like the AI bots respond to this. Very light orders... but at least awareness of enemies based on your direction. Now you have me testing again :lol:

christianbethel
8-bit

Jagosaurus wrote:In Infinite, you can press the up area on d-pad to tag enemies. I feel like the AI bots respond to this. Very light orders... but at least awareness of enemies based on your direction. Now you have me testing again :lol:

Any progress with your test?