A Far Cry of a thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: A Far Cry of a thread

Post by casterofdreams »

I don't know I think it may be bigger. I've done a bunch of stuff and only on the southern part of the map.

One thing I did do differently is buy the maps. On FC3 I didn't do that till the end and by then I didn't feel like collecting stuff. And some collectibles gain Karma and that has unlock goals too. At least there's a reason to collect stuff.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

If anyone is interested and has PS4, check out and download my custom map called Iced Out ( by DaRealTEKTORO). It's an assault map close quarter combat fight to the death. It's challenging but caters to many game styles and has really good replay ability and good thing because it takes me months before I'm finished with the next map.

I recommend it to you guys who are already enjoying FC4.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/i ... uxeedition

FC3 Deluxe is going for $10, so no reason not to give it a try!
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I had the strangest dream last night, I dreamt I was playing the PS2 version of Far Cry 3
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

casterofdreams wrote:I don't know I think it may be bigger. I've done a bunch of stuff and only on the southern part of the map.

One thing I did do differently is buy the maps. On FC3 I didn't do that till the end and by then I didn't feel like collecting stuff. And some collectibles gain Karma and that has unlock goals too. At least there's a reason to collect stuff.

Yeah I bought the maps in both games really early on, though in FC4 this time around I didn't bother with the loot/treasure chest maps. I don't think you would have been able to see the map then. Money was rarely an issue in these, this one even moreso. I think I collected everything in FC3, but didn't bother to here after awhile. Think I finished with 30 some hours and 75% completion.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

ninjainspandex wrote:I had the strangest dream last night, I dreamt I was playing the PS2 version of Far Cry 3

Considering the PS2 couldn't even handle the first FC engine, that's quite the dream haha :shock:

And Ubisoft's games have become silly collection quests, not to mention their fetish for towers. Completion rates are pointless.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

So an article was published on Kotaku yesterday that talked about FC2 vs. FC3 and FC4.

Even though the games may share the same name, minus the number, they are vastly different games. What Ubisoft did was change the mechanics so much that it just created a completely different game from FC2.

I've played and finished FC2 only once back when it was released on a console. And this sparked me to go through it again now on PC. Only 2 hours in. Man it looks good for a 2008 game on max settings.

A few things to note about FC2:

1) while they are tiny in comparison the guard posts respawn after some time. Your not really clearing it out but getting "Intel". 57 of these posts exists I think.

2) safe houses are clearable forever.

3) lots of traveling and only 5 fast travel points. Also the mini map isn't up at all times so this enhances realism (I suppose).

4) one thing a could have used would be a ticker system to hunt the diamond cases. The green light on the GPS seems not to be 100% accurate and sometimes goes solid when I'm either far away or close. It's different every time.

Anyway thats all I have for the first 2 hours.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

casterofdreams wrote:So an article was published on Kotaku yesterday that talked about FC2 vs. FC3 and FC4.

Even though the games may share the same name, minus the number, they are vastly different games. What Ubisoft did was change the mechanics so much that it just created a completely different game from FC2.

I've played and finished FC2 only once back when it was released on a console. And this sparked me to go through it again now on PC. Only 2 hours in. Man it looks good for a 2008 game on max settings.

A few things to note about FC2:

1) while they are tiny in comparison the guard posts respawn after some time. Your not really clearing it out but getting "Intel". 57 of these posts exists I think.

2) safe houses are clearable forever.

3) lots of traveling and only 5 fast travel points. Also the mini map isn't up at all times so this enhances realism (I suppose).

4) one thing a could have used would be a ticker system to hunt the diamond cases. The green light on the GPS seems not to be 100% accurate and sometimes goes solid when I'm either far away or close. It's different every time.

Anyway thats all I have for the first 2 hours.

FC2 is so good that I've been hesitant to play FC3/4 because I don't want to play something where I'm constantly noticing things that were changed for the worse :lol:
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Then my only suggestion is to go in thinking that it is a different game/franchise. I say that because I really feel that they are. I mean look at the first game compared to the second.

Far Cry 3 and 4 (though I am only 10 hours in the 4th one) are really great games. I think you should give them a shot and rate them on their own.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I remember when Far Cry was a benchmark for PC games.....not quite a good game though. I heard good things about 3, but then I tried out the funny spin off, Blood Dragon, and other than the awesome music, I didn't find anything truly compeling.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.