RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
incominggame
8-bit

Re: Games like Lemmings, DodoGo! and M vs D: Minis March Aga

by incominggame Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:31 am

Xeogred wrote:Stay away from the Genesis port of the first game, since the game utilize a lot of buttons I remember it being kind of awkward

Yeah, I remember that too. I couldn't pass the second (or third?) level because I had no idea how to use items (the bomb). That being said, if you read the instructions boxes in the game (what I didn't do at that time), it tells you how and, after a while, you become used to the controls.

But I agree, the control are probably better on SNES (haven't played on SNES, so I can't say for sure).

Haven't really played much, but you might wanna check Chu Chu Rocket?

EDIT : realised the name in the quote was incorrect, so I changed it to the correct one
Last edited by incominggame on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My format: Gamer
To play and collect
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 pm

J T wrote:You should try Eets.

http://www.eetsgame.com/

Niode gave me a copy awhile back. It's a pretty fun game and clearly has a Lemmings influence. It's described as a bit of a cross between Lemmings and The Incredible Machine. It's by the same group that made the Shank games, though the gameplay mechanics are obviously very different.

I remember seeing that game on Xbox Live Arcade once and being interest it in. I sort of forgot about it since them. Thanks for the reminder!

Xeogred wrote:Dude, these games are amazing, so yeah definitely check them out when you can. Stay away from the Genesis port of the first game, since the game utilize a lot of buttons I remember it being kind of awkward. So I'd say SNES there, and for 2 I've dabbled into the second game on the SNES, but I have always played the more revamped PSX/PC version which has awesome graphics, music, etc. I like the first game the most, but both games are top notch and I've always wished Blizzard kept them going. They obviously don't care anymore... lol.

Alright, I'm going to look into getting of copy on the SNES or look into finding a rom. That's on my to do list.

All the other games mentioned in this thread have my interest too. I may also check out some of the other DodoGo! games on the eShop. I'm still playing the first one and I still love it and I'm on the seventh world. It's possibly my favorite DSiWare game so far, followed by Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again and maybe Shantae: Risky's Revenge coming in third. Just wish you didn't have to speed run the game to get the fourth ending picture in Shantae. I despise speed runs, but I digress. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Just talking about The Lost Vikings makes me want to replay it, hah. I've replayed that one countless times, timeless!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 am

haha same here, I'm really considering picking up that GBA port.
Return to Other Genres