Video Pinball

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Video Pinball

Post by noiseredux »

I don't know if you guys know this, but 4/26 is "Alien Day." How does this tie in to pinball? Well...

On April 26, the day 20th Century Fox is trying to establish as "Alien Day," developer Zen Studios will release a threesome of Alien-themed pinball tables. Dubbed Aliens vs. Pinball, the three-pack of new tables will focus on a variety of interpretations of the Alien franchise.

One table will be based on James Cameron's Aliens, and features Ellen Ripley and the Colonial Marines battling xenomorphs — and the Alien queen — on LV-426. Another will be based on another film in the franchise, Alien vs. Predator. And the third is based on another video game, Sega and Creative Assembly's Alien: Isolation.

(via Polygon)

And here's a trailer: https://youtu.be/vh-keXUBQgg
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I wish I could disable the people on Zen pinball tables. They are just so distracting to me.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

So Farsight started up a kickstarter for the ACDC table with Stern, for the new Stern Pinball Arcade program. But canceled the Kickstarter shortly after. Looks like they got alternative funding setup:
Thanks to the amazing reception that Stern Pinball Arcade has received, we’ve been able to enter into a new partnership that will allow us to immediately start on the development of AC/DC pinball! This will allow us to add these great tables to the Stern Pinball Arcade even sooner than we had hoped.

We will release more information about this exciting development soon- stay tuned!

Hopefully this means Star Trek and Tron are in the pipeline.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

This separate PA app has me asking a lot of questions, they said some already digitized tables such as Frankenstein are going to eventually make their way there too. Does this means that there will be no more Stern tables on TPA or is this just for the licensed stuff, which 90% of DE/Sega/Stern's stuff was after the 80s? I also understand that this app is going to feature a new sort of emulation that will not rely on the original ROMs anymore, freeing up resources for improved ball physics that will be even closer to the real thing.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Zaccaria Pinball drops on the 17th:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/444930/
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Indy 500 @ TPA this month! I. can't. wait. Easily one of my top tables. I never thought in a thousand years they'd get the license for it. So many modes and just a lot of fun all around. It's also VERY easy to do well on!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Last weekend I got my hands on Twilight Zone, Earthshaker, T2, and Getaway tables at a convention. I realized that my skill on all tables is vastly better thanks to Pinball Arcade. I took third on TZ at just shy of 1bil, and as far as I know that score was still there at the end of the show - it was when I left two days later. After I finished that long run on TZ I ended up spending thirty minutes talking to the guy who maintains the pins for the barcade swapping stories - turns out we use to go to the same auctions. Playing on a cabinet is so much better than on my keyboard or phone.

So Stern Pinball Arcade is live with ACDC on Occulus only. Normal people versions are "coming soon." Next up for Pinball Arcade is none other than Doctor Who.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I feel that TPA has made me more aware and a better player at real pinball, my reaction times and sense of angles is sharper, and my flipper use has become more proficient.

Yes, Doctor Who should be out soon. 8 Ball Deluxe is the current new table, while it has its charm, I think it's just a bit overrated. The voices are cool tough.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

We started talking about the Crush pinball games in the Halloween spooky games thread - figure i'll transition some running thoughts here.

Devil's Crush - capped at 13,170,100 last night - had the 9x multipier fields all going - defeated one of the bonus stages with a perfect score. Even hit the special hole where it cashes in your bonus then and resets the playing field (versus at the end of your credits).

Not being able to tilt leaves you susceptible to balls that you have no chance of stopping going off an enemy and right down the middle. I played one credit (and earned two extra balls) for a long time and then wiped out my last two credits in like 20 seconds thanks to that.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

The Crush series was great. We played them years ago on TR. Jaki Crush is my favorite!